End of 2012 going into 2013

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Dec 27, 2012.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

So as we get ready to say good bye 2012 and welcome 2013:
    What as been the highlight of 2012 for you and what are you looking forward to in 2013
  2. lannerfalcon

lannerfalcon Member

In addition to achieving contest success for the Band and Academy (first ever contests for the Academy) it has to be the development of our new headquarters.

Two years ago the project was conceived, this time last year we had a draft project plan but no money; 2012 has seen us secure funding and are now well on the way with the build:

Certainly a year to remember and thankfully the whole project has been documented on a dedicated facebook page here.

Bring on 2013 and the completion of the project :D:clap::D
  3. Leveridge96

Leveridge96 Member

For me the highlights of 2012 was joining my first proper brass band since leaving the youth band i was in in june 2012 as well as getting into grimethorpe colliery youth band!
    Bring on 2013 and another year of banding!
  4. tubadaz

tubadaz Member

Brass Bands:
    Winning the 1st Section (North of England) Area with Shepherds, coming 4th at UniBrass with the University of York Brass Band, 5th Place at the National Championships in Cheltenham and 1st Place in the 1st Section at Leicester Contest and finishing the year off with 2 sell out concerts and a Band Wedding in York Minster with Shepherds (Note: "Procession to the Minster" (arr. Snell) sounds blooming good in there with the 7 second echo!). ;-)
    Other Activities: ​
    Being a Pandemonium Drummer in the London2012 Olympic Games Opening Ceremony and then marshalling for the Parade of Athletes.

Trying to top that!! :-D Shepherds are in the Championship Section as of about 50 minutes time! That'll probably be more than enough of a challenge for me! :)
  5. Archer

Archer Member

For me, easily winning the Durham League contest (section C) with a clean sweep of the prizes (1st, best bones, best basses, best cornet and best euph).

Winning the area was good as well but that one mattered more to me as it was my first outing as a conductor at contest (orchestras tend not to contest). I still kick myself about never winning best basses in a contest though - the second I stop playing and we win it. Take from that what you will...
  6. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Highlight of 2012 was seeing my band enter our first contest and go from strength to strength over the year.

My wish for 2013 is to be able to log onto tmp without the same half a dozen people being " insulted" and entering into spats of "I know better than you" arguments that make threads stupidly long that veer so far from the point.

In the words of Jack Nicholson " why can't we all just get along?"
  7. ringa

ringa Member

winning the North of England Area contest & setting foot inside the RAH for the very 1st time..................... bring on 2013 :)
  8. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

2012 - Still being alive after a Massive PE in October that my Wifes consultant boss on seeing the scan pictures said hed never seen anyone survive before.

2013 - Still being alive I guess.