Emley have a problem with me.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Matt Lawson, Dec 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt Lawson

Matt Lawson Member

No no, nothing serious but....

I'm a student and I don't like beer.

When I first told them they looked at me like I was from a strange planet (aka Kirklees) but I assured them I didn't like it.

I like a bit of the old Southern Comfort and coke or JD and coke but beer/lager is a no no.
    So the four questions on my lips currently are:

a) Am I weird?
    b) Why?
    c) When do they?
    d) Whom?

2. Melph

Melph Member

Tune a day page 5 (Brass instruments only)

Page 5 specificly gives instructions on the etiquette expected of a brass band player and this includes the consumption of Ale \ Larger \ Beer etc.

Did you skip page 5 when learning?

i also believe Grade 5 Therory has a section on "how to handle ones self on contest day (post performance)"

3. Matt Lawson

Matt Lawson Member

I skipped the entire book to be honest. :rolleyes:

4. Melph

Melph Member

Thats where you went wrong...

Go to your local music shop and ask if they will photo copy the section "Alcohol and Brass players (Page5) from the tune a day book. Im sure they will be more than willing to help.

Actually, if you skipped the whole book, you have missed the section "Ways to verbally abuse Adjuducators if you band doesnt come in the top three" section..... a must read and links in nicely with page 5.

5. Matt Lawson

Matt Lawson Member

I sense a formula here:

Alcohol + Bad Result = Verbal Abuse x 3.

6. Melph

Melph Member

You are learning quickly...... it must be that clear head of yours, seeing that you do not consume the liquid of choice for Brass banders (is that a real word, banders?)

Skip the Tune a day.... i think you have developed past that stage.

7. dyl

dyl Active Member

Ok - I don't really see the point in this thread. If it's just a conversation between the two of you, there are other ways of doing that.

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.