Emley Brass Bands latest additions

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by 2nd man down, Nov 21, 2005.

1. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Ye Gods not more people complaning about Crawf being mean, any more and his counsel is gonna take early retirement!!
    Rest assured his actions shall now be carefully monitored!

And i was delighted to hear at tonight's committee meeting that my 6 figure annual salary demand has been accepted... :biggrin:

2. Di

Di Active Member

Yes, Chris, very carefully, closely monitored, don't you worry, we've got that covered. ;)

Is that 6 figures before or after the decimal point? :)

3. The Cornet King

Oh its 6 figures before the decimal point... :biggrin:
    Though i'm absolutely confident that when it was written on the minutes the £000000.00 was just a typing error... :eek:

4. I think theres an error somewhere.. how are they possibly going to pay you a six figure sum when they're paying me that?? it doesn't add up.. i think somewhere along the lines someone is playing us for fools Chris!!! That needs nipping in the bud right now! :)

and.. carefully monitored... yes! :)

5. Di

Di Active Member

You mean it should have read £0,000,000.00 ;)

6. The Cornet King

I think we've been had!!! :eek:
    We demand answers!! Perhaps the easy thing to do, in current climate of women being paid less and everything ( ;) ) if you take a small pay cut of say 98%, i might be able to keep the majority of mine! :biggrin:

That or its the rest of our lives on the poverty line... :(

7. brass journo

brass journo Member

Just wanted to say an official huge thanks to Cornet King for all his commitment, hard work and effort whilst being at Yorkshire Co-op; it's been a pleasure having you as part of the team and we all wish you masses of luck at Emley, which extends to the whole band. I know this move will do you so much good as a player and great for the band to be strengthening the ranks as they are.

Also, good luck to you too Claire and enjoy it!!! (you've got a livewire there guys!!!)

Once again thanks Chris and good luck.

Tabbs

8. Chris, you are more than generous with your *cough* 50% offer.... and i will gladly accept 85%! :)

We'll work out the paper work later...!!

Remember, you're being watched.. i'll have bribe material before long.. but saying that you quite happily have your picture with pants on your head. so u may be a tricky one!

Claire
    x

9. The Cornet King

Heresy!!! Those 'pants' i'll let you know was the official tMP Shower cap for Whit Friday 2005...(dont let too many people here you say that, they may be easily offended).
    Its gonna be hard to bribe me, like you said anyone with a picture of a shower cap on there head, or indeed anyone willing to walk down Dobcross main road with it on has to be slightly insane :biggrin:

Just before you leak any 'allegations' about me that you may hear on the grapevine for bribery's sake, i can tell you now that the rumour about me being removed from Buckingham Palace and thrown in the Tower are false. (You'd have thought Liz would have let me stay, being the 'King' and everything but apparently with me AND fathers for justice trying to get in it was getting a bit crowded in there.)

10. I think the 6 figures to which CK is reffering will be

1. IT figures
    2. THAT figures
    3. GO figure
    4. WHAT A figure
    5. THESE figues JUST DONT ADD UP
    &
    6. figurATIVLEY SPEAKING

'Ave it!

11. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Many thanks on behalf of the team at Emley for all the good wishes, etc etc.

We are very pleased (as you may have gathered) by our recent signings. All of which adds up to a very strong committed team going forward.

Check out our website for more details www.emleybrassband.co.uk

See you all at Flockton (Dec 10th) for the Christmas concert and CK's first official solo!! No pressure mate ;-)

Interested in that last remaining seat? get in touch - come for a blow and see what you think . . . . . . . . . .

Garry

12. I think you have forgotten another figure....
    Wow, doesn;t boomchickaboom have a gorgeous figure..
    oh and Figure of 8
    and chess piece figures! YES!!

So if you CK is on 6 figures.. i'm already up to 9 figures now!!! :)
    'Ave it! :)
    2md will be proud!

13. The Cornet King

Thanks Tabby, it means a lot. You know where i am whenever your short of cornets for a concert at any time.

After all this about figures, i should just have agreed to play for a pint of beer and one of Margeretand Dave's apparently outstanding meat and potato pies...for which further to last night's meeting, i've already started fasting... :biggrin: So i may be a bit hungry come the buffet night!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2005
  14. nice! :)

And thanks Tabby too.. i think.. live wire.. i could be offended by thatyou know! :)

Claire
    x

15. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Chris, you'd better learn the name of the Secretary quick if you want feeding!!

Margeret!! However it's spelt!

G

16. The Cornet King

Woops...edited! Dunno why i put that wrong!

17. flower girl

flower girl Member

18. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Nice one the Emley - AVE IT!!!!

You've got a cracker of a Principal Cornet there - and he's a good toastmaster too, altho my 2 slices with jam never did turn up...

Rach x

19. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

Big welcome to Chris and Claire, can't wait for their initiation at the Christmas party.......what do you mean nobody told you? Oh, so you didn't know that you'd have to get up and sing ''Grandma Got Ran Over By A Reindeer'' whilst wearing only Wellies and a shower cap!? :eek:

p.s.
    AVE IT!! ;)

20. *thinking*

Where can i get a hower cap from... hmmmm....

How long do i have to rehearse n can i get a copy of the words?! :)

he he.. think i'm busy the night of the christmas do after all.. la la la!