Emley Brass Bands latest additions

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by 2nd man down, Nov 21, 2005.

1. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Emley Brass Band are thrilled to announce the arrival of two new players.

Claire Francis (Boomchickaboom) has joined our back row squad for her second spell with the band. Claire has joined us having played most recently with the Ireland Colliery Chesterfield Band, and Emley Band would like to extend a warm welcome back to our ranks.

Secondly, and by no means least, we would like to announce the arrival of our new Principal Cornet.
    Most tMPers will know of our latest addition and it is with great joy that we can unveil Chris "The Cornet King" Hoyle as our new Principal Cornet.
    Chris brings with him a wealth of valuable experience having played Principal Cornet with Clifton and Lightcliffe Band, front row with the Cottingham Band (2004 Malton Class A Champions) and most recently on the front row at United Co-op Yorkshire Band.

The band warmly welcomes both players in to the fold and we hope that these latest additions will prove to have a long, happy and very successful association with the band.

These latest signings leave us with just one vacancy to fill, if you feel you have what it takes to be the last member of our back row cornet squad, please pm or email me, or pm our musical director Garry Hallas (Ploughboy).

2. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Thank you Crawford.
    I very much look forward to taking up my new position and helping to push the band forward. I'm sure the band will be climbing the sections in no time!

It would be remiss of me not to officially thank everybody at United Co-op Yorkshire band for the short time that i have played there. Its been a very enjoyable and educational experience and i wish the band the very best for the future, and i'm sure under Kevin Wadsworth the band has the foundations to continue being very successful both in concerts and contests.

It was a very difficult decision to leave the band but i now look forward to a long and successful time at Emley.

3. vonny

vonny Member

Oh my! Chris as joined the ranks of Emley! What can i say!
    I am trying to imagine Chris and Crawford - not as a couple obviously - but you never know;)

It's quite cool actually, and it's always good news when a band is able to fill thier ranks :biggrin:
    Of course if i lived nearer i would join your fold to - then you would be celebrating :biggrin:

It's my final day in the US today - it is almost 6am and i am waiting for breakfast to be served. I can't wait to arrive back on homeland, because i have been kind of home sick. However myself and Keely had a great day on Sunday - we went to a thanksgiving service at The Pilgrim Church. They really did look after us, we stayed behind afterwards and had pizza - I have never seen a pizza so big. The weather was warm as well, about 65 degrees, which is brill for mid November.

Take care guys and talk soon,

Yvonne x

4. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Excellent news for Emley, I believe. As long as TCK concentrates of cornet playing and not pretending to be counsel, Emley can only thrive! ;)

5. Hey,
    Thank you Crawford.. Glad to be back...

Missed the banter and the drinking.. and the playing obviously!!
    I don't recognise half the band anymore but i'm sure i'll be back into it before i know..

I hate mondays by the way!!! (looking forward to bad tonight though.... after teaching then looong staff meeting...... you 'll have to be extra nice to me tonight :)!)

Kinda overshadowed me there cornet king by the way but i'll forgive you.. i think i need to be a bit more famous on here....!!! :)

6. 2nd man down

It's just a committee meeting tonight Miss chicakaboom, there isn't a rehearsal till Wednesday, but as you're registered you're automatically on the committee anyway so please feel free to turn up and chip in your four penneth. All opinions are valuable opinions. :tongue:

7. Jen

Jen New Member

Errr
    Isn't it committee tonight so no band? Or am I wrong? ;)

8. 2nd man down

Bingo!! :rolleyes:

9. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Well done Chris :tup

While your obviously not as good looking as Emley's last Principal cornet :cool: you're still a class player and I reckon the final piece in the jigsaw for Emley.

I wish you and the band great success for next year and I think there will be something wrong if you don't make it to Harrogate next year

Ave it!!!

10. vonny

vonny Member

This thread is becoming white rose based, so a little red rose is gonna gate crash ;)

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Emley Brass Band
    Emley Brass Bands
    2004 Malton Class A
    Garry Hallas
    Claire Francis
  12. well, dont get me wrong- as much as i'd like to sit in the comittee - as i am such a comitted person.. however, i think i will stay at school a bit longer.. eat the kids haribo and plan lessons- THE FUN!!!!!

Seya wednesday

Claire
    x

13. Great news for Emley, It'll be good to have a seasoned bandsman on 'top' cornet. And such a good looking back row cornet player is bound to be an improvement!!!

Onwards and Upwards Emley!
    All the Best

14. why, thank you ;)

:D

15. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

To Roy- Admittedly I could never live up to your masculine good looks i know so i'll try and make up for it with my playing! :p I thought you looked especially good on stage yesterday, were it not for all those trophies you were holding we might even have seen more of you!

Thanks everyone for the support for myself, Claire and Emley Band. we have a great team together now and i'm sure the only way is up! And Claire, the more posts you get the more famous you'll become so get posting away!!!

I suppose nobody told Will the Sec that i've been made honourary Emley band legal counsel... :rolleyes:

16. Whats that mean!?

17. Di

Di Active Member

Ah, you'd need to read this and this to catch up with that one. ;)

18. *ahem* thought i was makin up ur back row? pfffft
    :rolleyes:

19. how funny.. loving the court case... Crawf.. i mean 2md is ALWAYS mean to me.. ALWAYS!!!

How much can i sue in for?! I need compensation for all the years of mental tourment! I have deep rooted issues cos of that man! :)
    he he...

but then again.. maybe im just as bad... :)

Claire
    x

20. Di

Di Active Member

Aha! See! M'Lud, open the chambers once more! We have new evidence! Tis a good job you have Mr King there Crawfy! ;)

Anyway, good to see you've joined the ranks again, perhaps you can help keep him under control? ;)

21. Definatly! I'll keep him under control and keep u posted :)
    x

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Emley Brass Band
    Emley Brass Bands
    2004 Malton Class A
    Garry Hallas
    Claire Francis