Emley Brass Band release first ever CD

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by 2nd man down, May 7, 2010.

1. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Emley Brass Band are proud to announce the release of the band's first ever CD.

“From the Top” features a selection of music taken from the band's successful entertainment contest programmes, covering a wide selection of musical genres; catering for a healthy cross section of musical tastes.
    We’re very pleased with our first venture into recording, and hope you enjoy listening to what we believe is a very enjoyable programme of entertaining music.

The CD will be officially launched at the band's CD launch party on Monday 10th May, which will be attended by members, friends and family of the band, as well as numerous specially invited supporters, local council officials and local press.

From The Top is available for pre-order via the front page of the band website now!( www.emleybrassband.co.uk )

Alternatively, contact myself by PM on theMouthpiece and I’ll sort you one out.
    (Special thanks to KMJ recordings for their hard work in producing this CD.)
  2. IJK

IJK Member

Whats the track listing Crawf? cant see it on website. great to see the band releasing the CD

And yes I will be supporting you guys and buying one
  3. Digger

Digger Member

Sorry I can't make the launch - my train doesn't get into Leeds till 2:45am Tuesday morning! Mind you in true Emley spirit you'll probably still be going strong :)

Reserve me a CD for when I'm next up north.

Hugs to all

4. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

You're welcome - it was great to work with such a nice bunch of hard working people.

If I can get over to the launch party I will, but I'm right in the middle of a Leyland CD and I'm off to London that week with Pete Meechan....but hopefully Rob will be there in my absence....hope it goes well :D

Hopefully the attachment will be readable - it's the traycard....

Attached Files:

5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Or visit the website, the playlist is on there now too! ;)
  6. brassintheed

brassintheed Member

Teddy Bears picnic!!!! I'm going to have to get this CD now :)
    Good luck with it guys, hope it sells well
  7. silver surfer

silver surfer Member

Really looking forward to the launch tonight.
  8. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

We successfully launched the CD to over 100 guests last night, it was a fantastic evening! A big thank you to all those who came and made the night so enjoyable.

The CD is now fully available to buy from the updated website : http://www.emleybrassband.co.uk/cdpage.htm
  9. tubadaz

tubadaz Member

Unfortunately, I couldn't get across last night! :(
    I have, however, ordered my copy online and was surprised by how easy the process was! :clap:

I'm now waiting for the post!! :D

10. Hi Daz,

You should have received the CD today, if so, what do you think???

BTW they're also listed on ebay if anyone doesn't trust our own secure checkout!!
  11. tubadaz

tubadaz Member

Hi Kev,

CD arrived in the post yesterday afternoon (We live in York, a biggish city, so we don't get post in the morning!?!?! :confused:) and I've had a listen to a lot of it, but not all the way through yet.

First impressions: Very Good quality, but then again I'd expect nothing less from KMJ Recordings. :D There's a lot of top quality playing as well! (Likewise, I'd expect nothing less from any band with Garry in charge, especially The Emley!) :D

I'm looking forward to getting home this afternoon and sticking the CD on the Hi-Fi, opening the windows and giving the locals the benefit of some good quality music for a change!!

'Ave it!! :D

PS. Liking the Label/Number: AVEIT01 :clap:
    Last edited: May 14, 2010
  12. Glad it got there safely.

The catalogue number was a requirement for the PRS licence or whatever the equivalent is for CDs. It was, of course, Garry's idea to use that particular code!!
  13. tubadaz

tubadaz Member

Why am I not surprised!! :-D

I've had a good listen now, and it's a really enjoyable listen! :D

It'll definitely be getting a lot of playtime on my Hi-Fi. It might even make it onto the Whit Friday Band Coach!! :)

14. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

OI!! :)

We had a great preparing and recording the CD, I can't speak highly enough of KMJ's service, throughout the planning, recording, editing and production they have been top class. Between us we've got a great quality CD and something I believe Emley band can proudly say is their CD.

Whit friday coach? now there's an idea!!!
  15. tubadaz

tubadaz Member

Having had the pleasure of being recorded by KMJ when the Shepherd Group Band made their most recent recording, I can only agree! :clap::D