Emley Brass Band Open Rehersal

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by The Cornet King, Feb 22, 2006.

1. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

The Emley Brass Band are delighted to announce that we will be having an open rehearsal on our forthcoming area test piece Anglian Dances.

It takes place on Wednesday March 1 in Emley Parish Church between 8pm-10pm (just over the road from the Green Dragon that we shall be drinking at afterwards!)

Everybody is invited to come along and listen to the band rehearse just 3 days before the area contest in Bradford.

Everyone will be more than welcome to join us all in the bar afterwards for a pint or two, most of the band go, so its very much a social occasion too. Good opportunity to meet many of the Emley Band that grace tMP including The Cornet King, 2nd Man Down, Ploughby, Jen, Matt Lawson, TerribleTimp etc etc.

Come along for a listen, you'll be made very welcome, come and hear how good the band is sounding at the moment.

Hope to see some folk there.:p

2. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Just a quick reminder for anyone interested, that the open rehearsal is tomorrow night at 8pm.

We'll all be there sorting stuff out at 7-30 onwards so anyone is welcome to pop along for a listen, whether it be for 10 minutes or for the entire rehearsal.

Be good to see some folk there, we're playing well so you wont be disappointed.

Plus its a chance to catch up with some friendly folk and some post music banter in the pub.:tup

3. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

As CK said, the bands playing great, it'd be lovely to se some friendly faces around, also there'll be a couple of spare scores knocking around, just ask if you're there and want one for the night!

It'll be hymns for the first 20 mins (just so you're warned!)

Cheers All
    Garry

4. vonny

vonny Member

I would have loved to come to bands open rehearsal, but i work late on a Wednesday so i can't. I guess i will catch up with a few people at some point though. I hope you have an enjoyable rehearsal on Wednesday

Yvonne x

5. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Yeah we tried this at Barnstonworth a few years back, but the folks who turned up to watch probably felt like Agent Starling visiting Hannibal Lecter in silence of the lambs, especially when one one the tuba players broke free from his restraints and started spraying the visitors with valve oil......looked like valve oil anyway.