Emley Band, Yorkshire 3nd Section Require Solo Trombone

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by ploughboy, Sep 6, 2003.

1. If anyone is at Brighouse March Contest on Sunday they could hear for themselves how well the band is sounding...

And with the finals just around the corner, what better time to join?

Good luck filling the seat Crawf...
  2. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

I'd just like to say that anyone wanting a top chair with a progressive band should definately consider Emley. They are a fantastic bunch of people, with a forward thinking and progressive conductor.

Like Kevin said above, come and listen to us at Brighouse or indeed at Emley Church on July 8 to hear how good a band it is. If anyone wants to know more about the band then PM Crawf, Garry or even myself and i'll tell you how good a bunch they are. As Crawf siad my reasons for leaving are purely down to accepting a challenge with a higher section band.

I thank Crawf for his kind words above, and i will wish Emley band every success in the National Finals and beyond. They deserve it.
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Good luck with your new band Chris. After taking top spot on several occasions with us when we were out with a tMP band, we always knew you were destined for higher things. Just don't forget us eh...:)
  4. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

How could i ever forget tMP! Thats never gonna happen!:p
  5. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I can only echo whats been said above really, I'm sure everyone at Emley will feel the same as I do. Chris has been a first rate soloist with the band, a fine musical leader and an excellent friend to all. We couldn't have had a more dedicated bandsman on our top chair these last 9 months, I'd like to wish him all the best with the challenges ahead, I know i'll still see him on the golf course (winning of course!!)

So, are you out there? you've some big shoe's to fill as you can tell from this thread already. Have you the skills we require? the commitment? the soloistic flair?

We're offering a great bandroom atmosphere, and a chance to play with a rapidly progressing band and of course a National finals apperance.

So if you think you've got what it takes, get in touch . . . .

And again Many thanks Chris, hope we get work together again someday!
  6. Saxysuzuki

Saxysuzuki New Member

If you want to join a band that works hard and gets results whilst still having fun then I can recommend Emley. I joined last year and can honestly say I've never played with a friendlier band.

Give us a try, you won't regret it.
  7. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Hopefully we have an exciting announcement to make regarding the topic of this particular thread once we have confirmed some details. Watch this space.

We still have a vacancy for one back row and/or tutti cornet (depending on ability of course), and we are currently on the look out for one Eb bass to complete out bottom end line up.

If you're interested and want to join the nations friendliest band and help our progress up through the sections please pm either myself or our Musical Director Garry Hallas (ploughboy).

We rehearse in our own very tidy, modern, centrally heated band room, just outside Huddersfield and easily within 20 minutes drive of junctions 38-40 of the M1 and junctions 24-26 of the M62.

We have an appearance at the National Finals in the 4th section yet to come, we're already promoted to the 3rd section as of next year, and in November we will be defending our title of Malton Entertainment Contest Class B Champions.

Come and have a go if you think you're up to it. :biggrin: :tup
  8. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Can you prove it? ;)
  9. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Hehe, I was tempted to say the same, but thought 2md may take offence! :biggrin:
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2006
  10. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

But that would undermine his claim that they have the friendliest band ;)
  11. 2nd man down

Yes!! Just come down to a rehearsal. :biggrin:
  12. kiwisop

kiwisop Account Suspended

ive heard that a very very good sop player is going to join the emley on principle cornet.cant say who he is but i believe has played at the very top!!!
  13. CENTRALLY HEATED BANDROOM?, in this weather?!?!?!?!, u gotta b jokin!

14. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

2md likes to turn the heating up full so he has an excuse to go to the pub afterwards, to quench his raging thurst!:cool:
  15. 2nd man down

ha ha! I didn't say we ever switched it on, we're (predominantly) Yorkshire folk after all. :biggrin: :rolleyes:
  16. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

The heating is only used for the "foreign" softies, and lady Firth of course!
    As the man in the middle, i'm usually dripping through at the end of rehearsals - even in the depths of winter, must be all that energy I put in???
  17. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Emley Band, Yorkshire 3rd Section Require...

Please see the last post in this thread for our most recent requirement.

Tis that time again, The Emley band are seeking A new Principal cornet, this person should be dedicated (we've heard that before!) talented and have a tolerance for siting next to tMP's very own 2nd Man Down!! We have 3 solid (very solid) players on the front row and we are pleased to say that our new principal will be sat on top (not literally) of our first full section for going on 3 years!

The small print! - we rehearse Monday's/Wednesdays - 8pm - 9.45pm. We're in sec 3 as of 2007. We do 4/6 contests each year which we take seriously (no point in goin otherwise). We are very well supported in our concerts, and often enjoy full, sell-out crowds with enthusiastic and appreciative reactions! We play a good selection of music (doesn't everyone?) And like every other band in the world - we say we're freindly too!

So don't take my word for it, pop along one night for a blow, and if you've a mate who PLAYS KIT bring them too!!! You'll see why I'm the Happiest MD in Yorkshire, and why I love working with The Emley team.

Hope to see you soon

md@emleybrassband.co.uk / PM / www.emleybrassband.co.uk
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2007
  18. 2nd man down

Thank you all those who have shown interest in this position, we are pleased to announce that although the Principal Cornet seat is still available we have now been joined on our front row by Peter Rhodes, formerly of Grange Moor Band.
    Peter joins us having helped Grange Moor Band rise from a non-competing status to the dizzy heights of the 1st section and has joined us to begin a fresh challenge.

All the team at Emley would like to extend a warm welcome to Peter, and we hope our association will be a long and increasingly successful one.

We would also like to extend our gratitude to Glyn Richards who has been our Principal Cornet up until Christmas, but who has chosen to leave to pursue other ventures. We wish him the best of luck in his future playing and thank him for the time he spent with us.

Anyone interested in the vacant Pricipal Cornet chair, please either reply as shown in the post above this one, or feel free to pm or email me for more info.
  19. 2nd man down

Thank you once again to all who have shown interest in this thread, happily it looks like we will have another announcement to make in the coming couple of weeks.

Once again tho, we still need a capable kit percussionist, particulary for the area's in March, but preferrably with a view to a permanent position. The 3rd section area test piece is a really good test piece to play with plenty to keep any applicant entertained.

Anyone interested should either pm or email me, or pm or email our Msical Director Garry Hallas (Ploughboy).
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  20. 2nd man down

We now require just a percussionist (or two preferrably) to complete our bands line up.

See above for rehearsal and contact details, anyone wishing to join the percussion ranks of arguably the countries most friendly and welcoming band (that's us I'm talking about :rolleyes: ) will be greeted with open arms.

We enjoy a challenging, varied and interesting contest and concert program, and our repertoire is full of music to keep any standard of percussionist busy and entertained.

Hope to hear from you soon. :tup