Emley Band, Yorkshire 3nd Section Require Solo Trombone

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by ploughboy, Sep 6, 2003.

1. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

*Please see the last post in this thread (many threads have been merged) for the latest requirements*

Emley Brass band, Where? Emley, 25 mins from Leeds,Wakefield,Huddersfield,Bradford & Halifax (with a big engine!)

We're looking for a star performer to lead our band up through the 3rd section, Starting at next years area's

New MD and outlook

Interested, Give a shout in confidence,

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2007
  2. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Seeking Solo Euph..... yorkshire.....

Emley Brass Band, Are seeking top Euph, Alcoholic is a must!

We've got a new MD and are putting the finnishing touches to a strong outfit, hopefully with a bright and drunken future!!

mail me at garry@garryhallas.co.uk

cheers all

3. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Drummers wanted, two!!!

Emley brass band are looking for a percussion section!

We want a good strong team at the back as our New MD, loves variety in the way we play, there'll be lots to do back there (he's a drummer!!)

Lots of good gear to play, and lots of space to play in!! no walking on the basses to get to a triangle!!!!!

if you're interested mail me at Garry@garryhallas.co.uk

Emley (the heart of yorkshire) less than 25 mins drive from, Wakefield/huddersfield/bradford/barnsley/Leeds/Dewsbury!!
  4. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Bass Trom Wanted - Yorkshire!

Emley Brass Band are seeking a Bass Trom, our previous tennent has moved on to the Marinies, Insturment available, freindly section to join, great local pub, What more can we say!!1

Also 2nd horn wanted due to retirement!

Come along and try us out!
  5. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Yorkshire 3rd section seeking to complete line up!

Emley Brass Band [www.emleybrassband.freeservers.com]

Yorkshire 3rd section band, are seeking to fill their remaining vacancies for the upcoming area's and concert season. Since apointing our new MD Garry Hallas the band have gone from strengh to strengh and are looking forward to a good show this year.

We are seeking 1 quality front row cornet, 1 back row, 1 BBb Bass, and a percussionist (tuned or kit). so to apply, contact Garry on 01 13 277 7641/07 73 2 396 776, email garry@garryhallas.co.uk, or check out or website!! A great social atmosphere too!!!
  6. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

I'll vouch for that ;) ... hey Garry, is that guy that guy who joined us on percussion over christmas joining pernamently? He's good you see :)
  7. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Sadly John is Kit player for Driglington, so he's not for moving, but if they get relegated another section . . . . . . . . . . . I'm only kidding there a good band and will do well thsi year (sadly). So were seeking two percussionists really!! We've got laods of good gear for them to play too! And loads of space so they don't have to dance round the basses to get a triangle out!!
  8. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

No you can't have our little john! - he is ours :lol:
    Lets hope we do do better this year :wink:
  9. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

you should have no problems Jez, hows the conductor search going?
  10. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

Oh i know! :p

Not bad at all really - start auditioning tonight , had 11 applicants but had to chose 5 to audition, so yeah
  11. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Heh, fair enough. Does he take bribes :lol:
  12. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Bass player required, to fill Eb bass after Yorkshire area

Emley Brass band are seeking a quality and realiable, Eb or BBb bass player. One of our Eb's is retireing (at christmas really) we twisted his arm to stay on for the area!!, Instrument available, As is a rapidly improving 3rd section band with a great bandroom and social atmosphere!!

Plus, we don't say this lightly!!! A weekend in Scarborough in late May!!, That hot bed of Yorkshire banding is warned and ready for us!!!!

We are also seeking
    1 Front row cornet (prefrebly with 3 lungs!)
    1 Back Row cornet with 4 lungs! we need volume back there!,
    And a Kit player. . . . must all be commited and willing to have fun!

Contact me for more info!!

13. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Last couple of players needed, oh! a drummer too!!! W. Yorks

Drummer wanted, W. Yorkshire. Also 1 BBb Bass and 2 Cornets (were very flexible in that section!!) Front or back row or rep..

Emley Brass Band, After a great performance on the area stage and a dissapointing result (whats new) are looking forward to the coming concert season, We've got loads of great music in the repotoire at the moment but we need a drummer to really complete our band, It's amazing what empty bars there are without a drummer!!!

We rehearse Monday's and Wednesday's 7.30 - 9.30 in our own spacious, central heated bandroom in our village of Emley, Emley sits just under the big mast and is less than 20 mins drive from, Wakefield, Sheffield, Barnsley, Huddersfield, South Leeds, Bradford, Where in the middle of everywhere!!!!.

Were very friendly and welcoming, will to take players of any standard that are commited and want to help the band steadily progress..

That's all you need to know, maybe, PM or Email me for any more details!!

14. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Can't believe there's no-one out there interested in this ad.

We're a band moving in the right direction just looking to fill the last few seats with like minded commited players, in a friendly and cheerful atmosphere.

Mondays and Wednesdays, there's always a welcome.
  15. BassBoneShep

BassBoneShep Member

What a friendly band. Played with them yesterday at Pogson Bray (came 3rd) and it was great (hangover to prove it, the elephants in my head are doing the tango!)
    Hope you fill your vacancies soon.
  16. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

There must be percussionists out there.
    Having said that thanks to the bunch of happy people at emly brass ive now learnt to play percussion, but a treck from liverpool every monday and wednesday is pushing it for travel time unfortunately.

There a great bunch at emley and whoever gos would be more then warmly welcomed im sure.
    Good luck findin people
  17. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Re: Last couple of players needed, oh! a drummer too!!! W. Y

Hey Garry,
    On the cornet front, i'd be happy to help you out if need be for concerts etc. Especially with the Easter hols coming up next week (3 weeks off uni). I'll be free for the next 3 weeks on Mon/Wed nights. I live in Hudds when not at uni (and still only Hull during term time) so would be happy to do some rehearsals/concerts if you need anyone, anytime. :D
  18. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Hey hunny!
    You got my number... give me a call and I'll dep for you as and when I can, you know that ;-)
    Chat soon :)
  19. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Thanks for all your messages guys. I know I'm lucky to conduct such a great bunch of folks!

Chris - You're welcome up anytime to keep you're lip in, Are you aroud onthe 24th April? We've got a big concert and will be one front row short, If you're back then we'll find a local dep!!

Naomi!! - Thanks babe, now i know you can drive the depping is only a matter of time!!!
  20. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Hi Garry.
    Thanks very much, I'll take advantage of your offer and 'come for a blow' from next week for a couple of weeks! :D
    I am around on the 24th April, so consider me willing and available to dep!

I'll send you a PM Garry, get some directions to the band room etc.