Embouchure Problems

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by superjobby, Oct 22, 2008.

1. superjobby

superjobby Member

Dictionary.com assures me that's how it's spelt, I thought there was an "R" in there...

I have a problem which could become major. With 3 days to go before Pontins Saturday, I have developed a "blemish" on my lower lip, right where my mouthpiece sits comfortably. I struggled last night at rehearsal, and it's going to get worse before it gets better! :-?

Anyone have any miracle cures? I don't know what the hell I'm going to do if it does get any worse.. :eek:
  2. Farmer Giles

Farmer Giles Member

not had the problem myself but....
    could your doctor / practice nurse help ?
    or maybe a chinese / herbal remedy (if you have a shop near you).

good luck !
    hope it clears up in time.
  3. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Put cornet back in box, put pint of cold lager to lips. Hey presto, no problem!
  4. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

The pain will only last the length of the performance :D
  5. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

If its a cold sore, pop along to the chemist and they will give you some cream which should work if you use it correctly, in time for the weekend....similarly if its another type of condition - they should be able to help you.

And, as someone else mentioned - it'll only hurt as long as you are playing lol!
  6. JamesResurgam

JamesResurgam Member

Sounds to me as if you've bruised your lip. Arnica Cream from the chemist will help, but you should play long low notes chromatically from low C down to low f# and back up extremely quietly at the end of each practice.
    Good luck.

7. oldsop

oldsop New Member

:) Take note of the expert David James. Hope you're keeping well David.
  8. superjobby

superjobby Member

Thanks for your suggestions, Bruised lip feels the most likely, I've obviously been trying too hard... ;)

Off to the chemists I go!
  9. JamesResurgam

JamesResurgam Member

Thanks for the vote of confidence, though I don't regard myself as an expert, more older and experienced. I look like your avatar. lol

I'm keeping well at the moment, just about to get on the exercise bike to do my workout; this is my practice!

Perhaps you could message me who you are.