Discussion in 'theMouthPiece.com User Reviews' started by chrisjohnston, Jun 5, 2013.

1. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

Hi All

I just had my Euphonium Mouthpiece refurbished by Embo-sure.

Picture below.

Luke Bazeley at Embo-sure is great to deal with and I am very impressed!

Thought others would like to know

His web site is http://www.embou-sure.com

Very reasonable and very quick

2. ChrisHatch

ChrisHatch Member

I also had my old mouthpiece covered - very happy with it. I'm looking forward to giving it a run out at Bugle ;)

3. Cybone

Cybone New Member

That looks very interesting. Can either of you comment on whether the plastic coating affects the playing characteristics of the mouthpiece at all?
  4. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

I have found it helps a little bit and not having a cold mouthpiece is good too.

5. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

I see the covering is "less than 0.1 of a mm thick", according to the website. How much less is quite important, given that a 0.2 mm change in internal rim diameter (2x for the two sides) is almost half the difference between adjacent mouthpiece sizes for most manufacturers!

I had a chap do a similar job for me years back, which I liked the results of, but after a year or so the coating began to flake off, causing more problems than if I had left the mouthpiece alone. I'd be interested to know how well this lasts.
  6. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

Too early to tell for me, all I Know is Luke that does these has been trialing them for 2 years, perhaps ask him the question
  7. GordonH

GordonH Member

This could be a godsend for people with metal allergies. It would allow them to use their choice of mouthpiece without being stuck with ones that are available with plastic rims.
  8. cornetdom

cornetdom Member

I thought about getting one of these but seriously will the plastic coasting last that long,?I prefer my stainless steel mouthpiece it is expensive, however if i ever decide to change my mouthpiece size i might get a mouthpiece coated in plastic and see how it goes, then get it done in stainless.I just wouldnt really want to risk playing with a plastic coated mouthpiece for too long just in case it does flake off and start an allergic reaction on my lip again.
  9. Phil Green

Phil Green Supporting Member

I've just sent off a 24AW to be done to see if it works, as my favourite gold-plated one is starting to wear thin in places. If anyone's interested I'll let people know how it comes back.
  10. matt_BBb_bass

matt_BBb_bass Member

Im allergic to metal and have been having my mouthpieces plated by Luke for nearly 2-3years now. Couldn't recommend it any higher. Nice and comfy to play on, looks smart, great job. Works wonders for me!
  11. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

I am sure it will be good mine is!
  12. cornetdom

cornetdom Member

I need a mouthpiece coated in plastic, the website does not seem to work anymore, so does anyone have any ideas who would be able to do this for me?
  13. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

Luke Bazeley St Dennis band Cornwall he is the owner
  14. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

Lukes Mobile number is 07718185273
  15. cornetdom

cornetdom Member

Thankyou i have sorted it :)
  16. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

Good oh! mines great