embarrasing band moment

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by elizabeth connor, Oct 2, 2004.

1. elizabeth connor

elizabeth connor New Member

Anyone got an embarassing band moment perchance? One of my (many) is the Lancashire Youth Brass Band tour of Holland 1992 - there we were in a rest home just about to start the concert. i took a deep breath in anticipation about to play the first rousing notes of the march 'Arnhem' only to my dismay to find i couldnt play a note!
    It seemed something was stuffed up my cornet bell....just before we went on...a very lacy red bra and knickers!! DOH!!

I believe AndyCat was responsible... never proved it ...

2. skweeky

skweeky Member

he probabily was lol ;-) and they were probabily his
  3. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Conner - how dare you incinuate such dealings! I thought someone with a legal mind like yours would stay clear of such defamotary accusations!

I seem to remember waking up with all my boxer shorts decorating a tree outside my window shortly after the aforementioned event. I suppose you'll deny all knowledge of that one?

Skweeky - Keep your beak out or I'll start on you! Anyway, they suited me better than her ;-)
  4. drummerboy

drummerboy Member

So even though they weren't yours, you wore them anyway? ;-)
  5. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

can't be too bad... I've been known to scare off the odd 2nd trombone, streak across blackpool prom, and generally make a bosom of myself thanks to alcohol!
  6. skweeky

skweeky Member

well u can start on me if u want andy, the only difference is i wouldnt mind a pair of nickers near my bell end, you know that ;-)
  7. Lil Miss

Lil Miss Active Member

hmmm...embarrasing moment....well at Mount Gambier competition (jazz festival w/ James MOrrison...soo awesome) myself and another trumpet player got left behind at the place we were stayin at, b4 a major rehearsal we were havin that night. Funny thing is I wasn't worried, i thought they wld hav noticed that half their trumpet section was missing.
  8. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Take a look elsewhere in here - there are a couple of older threads on the same subject
  9. rickshaw

rickshaw Member

I have plenty of embarassing moments concerning you on trips to Pontins, Finals and pretty much every band job we did at Freck.

I won't mention them just yet as I am sure you have an equal ammount on me.

Good to see you playing again (and the result at Fleetwood).
  10. elizabeth connor

elizabeth connor New Member

oops! on that note i shall go no comment and this thread is hereby closed!