Ellkhart Conn 8H trombone FS

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Vintage88h, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Vintage88h

Vintage88h New Member

It´s really hard to say but i´m thinking of selling my Elkhart Conn 8H large symphony from 1921. Yes. A 8H from 1921.Serial 179xxx. It´s from the first period from 1919 - 1934 when Conn produced the 8H. The 8H large symphony features a 0.540`bore and a 8`bell. the whole instrument is made of redbrass. The instrument is in excellent overall condition. Minor lacquer wear at some points.

The slide was recently serviced by H.H. Nienaber of the Laetzsch Company in Bremen (Germany). The slide works great for it´s age with no chrome wear on the inners. The original inners were professional chrome plated in the past to make the slide usable and playable for modern needs.
    Mr. Nienaber also pulled the original leadpipe. So now the trombone could be played with every 0.547`leadpipe you want. I used a Rath and a Brasslab leadpipe. I can include the original leadpipe if wanted.
    Wonderful sound and response. It´s an instrument full of character. Very big sound for a 8`bell.

It´s a great piece of history and very very rare. i only know my friend Noah Gladstone from brassark.com who also owns a Elkhart Conn 8H large symphony.

Here are some pics:

It´s really very very hard for me to let it go. I only will sell it if i get a reasonable offer. I want a good home for this beauty.