Ellen MacArthur / McCann ??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by iancwilx, Feb 9, 2005.

1. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Can anybody else, apart from me, see a strong resemblance between
    Ellen MacArthur and Phil McCann. (Facially !!)
    It's been bugging me for days who she reminded me of - it finally "Clicked" this morning.
    - Wilky
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Anyone want to pop some equal sized images up so we can check...???:)
  3. dyl

dyl Active Member

On the subject of Ellen MacArthur, is anyone else completely bemused by all the fuss? She gets made a Dame for being rich enough to buy a really fast, reliable boat! Big deal!

And as for her sponsors, B&Q - here's a letter their Customer Services Department have recently received:
  4. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Please get back on topic - I did not start this thread to open a debate on what anybody thinks of Ellens fine achievment, or give a platform to any sad, embittered jealous non achievers to vent their vitriol on what IMHO is a great personal success for the young lady.
    THE QUESTION IS :- DOES SHE LOOK LIKE McCANN ?? - Please keep any other opinions to yourselves.
    - Wilky
  5. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

dear mr wilky, some pictures would be nice!!!
  6. dyl

dyl Active Member

Oh sorry! It was a serious thread then? C'mon then smarty-pants - photographic evidence. Please. ;)

And by the way, I resent being called sad, embittered and jealous. Non achiever, maybe. But my opinion is that all the adulation has gone way over the top.
  7. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

<foreign bogger mode>who are these people?</foreign bogger mode>
  8. dyl

dyl Active Member

Was MacArthur's achievement not worldwide news then? It's been pretty hard to escape it round here...............
  9. Sam Atherton

Sam Atherton Member

In answer to the main question, I've no idea - photos please!

As for the rest of it...
    Yes, it's a great achievement for her.
    Yes, I agree it's all getting a bit over the top.
    Don't the team that designed the boat for her deserve some recognition too?
  10. Di

Di Active Member

Woa there, there's absolutely no need for that! :mad:

Well, i've just looked this person up, to be honest, I've never heard of her. Putting her picture side by side with a recent picture of Mr McCann, (not that I needed the picture of Mr McCann since he's a friend of our band and my daughter's taking a course of lessons with him at the mo);) , I see no resemblance what so ever! Of course thats just my opinion, which you'll probably tell me to keep to myself as it doesn't agree with yours. :rolleyes:
  11. Tromgod

Tromgod Member

The boat isn't hers - it's her sponsor's. Still an impressive feat of endurance and application by anyone's standards.
  12. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

*picks up handbag and clutches it to chest* "ooooooOOOOOOooooohhhh!!!!
  13. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Cripes !! - I wish I'd never started this in the first place !!
    Didn't mean to offend anyone, but at least you know where I'm coming from.
    I ain't got any photies to compare (Bad research), but I spent quite a few years in the close company of Mr McCann in my younger days, and I thought the likeness was quite striking.
    Perhaps I should book an appointment at Specsavers !!
    - Wilky
  14. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

LMAO!! :p
  15. rutty

rutty Active Member

Can't see it myself ;)
  16. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

Nope Neither Can I
  17. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Philip McCann does like a bit like a young Dr Emmet Brown from Back to the Future though.

As for Ellen being made a dame - this would have happened if she had done it 100 years ago. But I think they would have waited till she was on dry land before giving her the honour!
  18. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

So what if you do this?...

BTW, I do think there is a slight similarity, mostly in the mouth.

Attached Files:

19. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

I think you need a few more weeks on photoshop... :biggrin:
  20. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Aye, I know, though do bear in mind it is only the rough draft.... erm, though I won't be posting a better one! ;) Did contemplate doing it properly, but got CBA.