Eikanger-Bjorsvik on CD Review (BBC)

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Brian Bowen, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

CD Review on BBC Radio 3 on Saturday 13 February contains the following brass band recording:

9:05 am

PROKOFIEV: Romeo and Juliet Suite (excerpts) for Brass Band (arr. Giske, Rydland, and Gilje)
    Eikanger-Bjorsvik Band / Bjarte Engeset (conductor)
    Naxos 8572193 (CD, budget)

It's particularly interesting as the music under review in the weekly Building a Library section of the show at 9:30am is

PROKOFIEV: Romeo and Juliet

Reviewer – David Nice

The first choice recommendation will be placed on the CD Review website on Monday.
  2. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

booo I'm teaching.

Will that kind of thing be available on iplayer?
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

It should be available for seven days after the initial broadcast.
  4. Brian Bowen

That's right. I hear this and other BBC programmes via the iplayer.
  5. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Well, I was instrumental in getting Radio 3 broadcast Dyke's first Naxos cd. I could ask the presenter to mention Adan's name!! I am glad that Naxos approached Eikhanger for this.

One issue from naxos, would be Howard Snell's arrangments of Daphnis et chloe, Pines of Rome etc and Procession to the Minster!! Eikhanger, imo, would excel in this reperoire. I have done an arrangement of Shostakovich's Finale from his 5th Symphony.
  6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

7. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

Did that link work for you Peter? Anyone care to try again and check? It plays the program from the week before for me.. starts with some warbler singing blow the wind southernly and then vivaldi..
    Not sure why there would be a week delay for other countries.
  8. Brian Bowen

It's available now (1:00pm GMT, 15 Feb). I've found in the past that some programmes are late in coming on line, as is the case with this broadcast.
  9. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

Yeah got it now :) cheers Brian.