Eee Remember This...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Chris Sanders, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Im on Windows 95... with AOL 7!! :frown:

My puter died yesterday, mi papa used it to check his e-mails, anyhoo, some monkey boy sent him something nasty and despite spending between 4pm and 1am trying to resuscitate it, it sadly passed away. Not to worry, ive sent it to the puter doc who will reload XP for me, unfortunately that means I have lost all of my Documents including all of my finest arrangements. :mad:

I wont have Messenger for about five days, so anyone I know, when I appear online again could you send me a msg to renew the connection please as I have probably lost your details completely! Ta. :D

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    papa
    Windows 95
    puter
    anyone
    all
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Very sorry to hear this Sandman... you'll find XP a million times better than '95 though that's for sure.

PS: Love the siggy phrase... I remember that ad well!!! ;)

4. HBB

HBB Active Member

Hate to say it but I think I'm too young for that!!

5. Di

Di Active Member

I think he HAD XP until the nasty little virus crept in and is using the old 95 as back up?

Back up back up! I'm always being told to make back ups! Oh dear, poor sandyman. :(

6. dyl

dyl Active Member

Ah well, we should be thankful for small mercies - it looks like tMP is fully compatible with ancient operating systems! ;)

7. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

Windows 95....... isn't that back in the days before Pentium 1?! I could swear I saw one in an antiques shop the other day.

8. Chris Sanders

Aye, my usual PC has XP, the one im using now is Windows 95, and has Pentium 1 with a shiny MMX sticker :D

I had forgotten how bad my old PC was, but Im really glad I didnt s**** it now!!

Cant wait to get back on Messenger, it wont run on this for some reason, I have to pay for txt messages between 7am and 7pm on weekdays, so im ok at the moment, but it will cost me loads if the puter doc has it long after Monday or Tuesday. :frown:

I forgot how much great stuff I had on this old thing though, im using Microsoft Works :D

9. Chris Sanders

That Naughty word should say S-C-R-A-P :D

10. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

ooooooo windows 95 has the old version of Pinball and if you're really lucky Lemmings...... I had a wasted childhood..... I know!

11. Chris Sanders

Ive got both of them :D

Im gonna try and find a 386 with windows 3.1 :cool:

See if I can get on with that :D

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    papa
    Windows 95
    puter
    anyone
    all
  13. andyp

andyp Active Member

I have a Celeron 333 with Win98SE, keeps me safe from all those nasty XP viruses. And it doesn't come up with some annoying "wizard" every time I'm doing something.

Does everything I want (Office, digital camera, broadband), but no use at all for games.

I think if I tried XP on it, it would probably expire in a small blue cloud!

14. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Unlucky dude!

15. HBB

HBB Active Member

There's pinball on XP!!! It rocks :D

16. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

. . . and tilts ;)

17. HBB

HBB Active Member

*tumble weed Mr. Bale!*

18. NeilW

NeilW Member

I've got a 386 motherboard (though its got a Cyrix 486DLC in it - halfway to a 486, but pin compatible with the 386) somewhere. Also got a set of Win 3.0 and 3.1 disks hidden(though they're on 5.25" floppies, of course!!!). The problem will be finding an ISA video card (I don't thnk I've got one any more!!)

On the subject of your disaster, your PC Man really ought to be able to recover a lot of the data from your hard drive by plugging it in to another machine - unless the drive is physically broken - and copying it off BEFORE reformatting it for you reinstallation.

Good luck

Neil.

19. wow lemmings! that takes me back to the good old days! i wasn't allowed to play it tho, i was only allowed 2 watch my brothers play it! and worms was amazing 2, i couldn't believe how excited i was when the 3d one came out on ps2!! :)

20. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

My Mum still uses 3.1 for all her writing. We are not at home to Mr. Technology...
    I think I can get Lemmings for my phone. Must check it out...
    BMB
    xx

21. Chris Sanders

Thats ace, I used to love that old format of windows, I prefer it to using the start menu.

I went to see the guy working on it at Planet Micro today, the ginger one behind reception said it could be another week yet. I nearly bitch-slapped him!!

22. rutty

rutty Active Member

Not much danger from Virii on my Ubuntu Linux PC at home :)

See if you can find gorillas.bas on that old machine Sandman - must be on there somewhere. I think Windows 95 still shipped with it.

My first job in the RAF was as an IT man at RAF Coningsby in 1989. They still had 1 8086 "PC" in there (complete with green screen) and all the camp PCs were running Windows 3.1 (not for Workgroups) on old 386 machines). We were quite excited when we got our first 486 DX2s :)