EEb Tuba Wanted

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by satchmolips, May 16, 2009.

1. satchmolips

satchmolips New Member

Keen 16 yr old needs and EEb Tuba. Would be interested in either a Besson or Yamaha Maestro. Second hand wanted but prepared to pay a sensible price. We are in Worcestershire. Anything considered.

Contact Geoff

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Tuba
    EEb
    EEb Tuba
    Geoff
    Yamaha
  3. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

Once again, I have no hesitation in recommending Mark Carter, otherwise known as Mr Tuba.

He's based in Cwmbran but if you give him a call (01633 871506) and tell hom what you're looking for he'll more often than not come up with the goods. He had a Yamaha Maestro a few weeks ago when I visited him but suspect it might have gone by now.

4. on_castors

on_castors Member

I would suggest the word "sensible" be carefully defined.

£4300/4500 for a reworked Sovereign seems to be the rate I am seeing bandied about, and about £2500 for one that is in need of a lot of love and attention as well as a new case; but sensible isn't in any sentence I would use to describe either!
    Under 2K seems to involve something with a small bore and a 15" bell!

I keep saying it, but I only wish I had bought a shed-load of old Imperials and Sovereigns when they were being turfed out of bandrooms to be replaced with tin-can newer lottery period Sovereigns :-(

5. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Just over a year ago I privately bought a beautiful 1982 manufactured 19" bell reconditioned Besson New Standard EEb Bass in 99% mint condition for £1200.

Large bore mouthpiece pipe, and only 3 very minor dints, none at all on the bottom bow.

It's exactly the same style, shape and size as a Sov but complete with all the guard plates on the bends and bows that have been ditched from modern instruments.

It's a gem and plays like a dream.

So good instruments can be had for a reasonable price if you keep your eyes and ears open.

- Wilkie

6. on_castors

on_castors Member

I think getting something like that now is dependant on someone NOT knowing the true value - something like that went for I think about 1800 quid a few weeks back on Ebay, (small bore!) and to be honest they are rare anyway now.

BBflat tubas are sensible sums, but EE flats aren't! :-(

7. TubaGeek

TubaGeek Member

I used to play a Yamaha EEb bass which I rented from Devon Music Service for £20 a year (It was classed as a 'special instrument' along with Euphoniums, French horns, Double basses, trombones, oboes and bassoons). Good condition and came with a case. I don't know if they offer the same service in your area, but it might be worth a try!