EEb player looking for a band in West Midlands

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Jon_Lambdon, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Jon_Lambdon

Jon_Lambdon New Member

Hi, I'm a reasonably experienced EEb player looking to join a brass/concert band in or around Warwick. Preferred style of music is cheesey/film/show kind of stuff, though am partial to military or traditional pieces. If you have any vacancies please post back and I'll get in touch.

Many thanks

Jon

2. Nikki T

Nikki T Member

Hey Jon,

Royal Spa Brass would always love to have you back....Roy is back on Eb and could do with an experienced friend, if you fancy a blow even just whilst you wait for someone else to reply with a better offer - still Tuesday's 7pm at The Band Factory.

Good luck, tis great to see you are still playing.

Nikki.

3. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

It might be a bit far for what you are looking for, Jon, but Wigston are looking for an Eb Bass to allow one of our current bunch to retire.

Its a way, but doable - I work near the Uni campus so do the journey everyday. In rush hour it takes about 40-45 minutes - at night its probably nearer 35mins

We're a friendly bunch who try to keep the standard high (we're 1st section) while keeping the commitment level reasonable. We do a varied range of concerts and contests and generally playing there is a pretty good way to go banding IMO.

If you want to chat about it, by all means call me on 0792 1928629 or you'd be more than welcome to come along for a blow.

4. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

If you can get as far as Birmingham, The City of Birmingham Brass Band are short of a bass - contact me for details...

5. debs66

debs66 Member

Croft Silver are in the market for an Eb player. Only about half an hour from you. Nice steady 4th section band with great family atmosphere.

PM me if you want to come along for a blow.

6. ScaryFlugel

ScaryFlugel Member

Sound just our type! Bilton Silver are advertising for basses atm. I've sent you a PM.