EEb Bass Londoner looking for a holiday band to play with

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by m.f.cooper, Nov 22, 2005.

1. m.f.cooper

m.f.cooper Member

Basically, exactly what is said in the title!

I'm a Londoner who has discovered the delights of Brass Banding while at the University of Warwick and would like to have a blow with a band over the Christmas Break.

Anyone rehearse in SW London and wouldn't mind an additional player for about 4 weeks?

(Also, a player who can't play very well, but just enjoys playing!)

Cheers!

Matt

2. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

If your anywhere near heathrow, you can pop along to Yiewsley and West Drayton band any Wednesday or Friday evening.

www.ywdband.com

3. englishgill

englishgill Member

Mole Valley Silver band (4th section/ local firendly band) rehearse on a Monday night in Fetcham (nr Leatherhead, J9 M25) and you'd be most welcome - we also have a couple of concerts as well as carolling to get involved in. If you're interested PM me and I'll let you have our secretary's details

Gill

4. m.f.cooper

m.f.cooper Member

From Wimbledon to Heathrow or Leatherhead with no car......:(

Thanks Anyway!

Matt

5. englishgill

englishgill Member

there's always a train!! Get off at Leatherhead and a lovely member of the band could always scoop you up and take you to rehearsal .......

6. m.f.cooper

m.f.cooper Member

Ah yes! The Train!

Dorking or Guildford via Epsom, isn't it?

Might see you in a few weeks!

7. Owen S

Owen S Member

Matt,

I've just noticed your thread, as I don't check in very often. You'd be welcome to come down for a blow at Egham any time, especially as we're short by one Eb bass at the moment. We rehearse on Monday and Friday evenings, 8 till 10.

Getting there on the train is easy - just change at Clapham Junction, and the band hall is a minute from Egham station. I could probably meet you on the train at Clapham as well.

Thanks.