Editing posts....

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by DaveR, Nov 1, 2006.

1. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Recently, the ability to edit posts seems to have disappeared! It's there for about 2 minutes after the post has been made, and then it's gone again. Is there a reason for this? It's sometimes really useful to be able to edit the post to correct mistakes / omissions that you don't notice immediately! :oops:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    ability
    omissions
    reason
  3. Pops2501

Pops2501 Active Member

I had noticed this but I thought it was me!! :clap:

4. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

There, it's vanished. Looks like 5 mins is the limit.

5. Pops2501

Pops2501 Active Member

Tis very annoying - I agree.

6. dyl

dyl Active Member

We have had some issues recently which have forced us to take a look at the editing process. A decision has been made to reduce the "editing" period to 5 minutes after posting. If any further edits are necessary, please don't hesitate to contact any of the team who will be happy to help.

7. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Ok cool! :tup

8. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

That would explain why then! I noticed this too and just thought it was me being daft :biggrin:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  9. JohnnyEuph

JohnnyEuph Member

Big brother is watching

10. Di

Di Active Member

And Big Sister. ;):tongue:

11. JohnnyEuph

JohnnyEuph Member

Is this so people cannot retrospectively alter their posts and thus make the following answers to their 'pre-edited' posts seem inconsistent to the topic of the thread?

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    ability
    omissions
    reason
  13. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

More or less yes Johnny.

Some people were making (sometimes inappropriate or offensive) comments which were then themselves commented on or referred to, but then went back and removed or amended said posts/text thus changing the whole context of what was being discussed. OK, this sounds a little convoluted but it was often making life difficult for the tMP team and thus as Dyl mentioned earlier in the thread - the decision was taken to amend editing timings for posts and threads.

If this decision subsequently in the long term makes more work for the team or proves unmanageable, then we will of course reconsider, but until that time... c'est la vie :)

Thanks for your understanding.

14. Sopha

Sopha Active Member

oh cool now i know too! sometimes its just ferstraiting when youve spelt a word incorrectly and you go back to read it and you cant edit it! oh well!