Edinburgh Uni band require MD

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Craigsav83, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

A rare oppertunity has arisen for a Musical Director to help build and promote a newly formed brass band within The City of Edinburgh, and Edinburgh University.

Edinburgh University Brass Band (EUBB) will be rehearsing once per week, on Friday evenings c.7.00 pm start, in The Reid Concert Hall, and have 2 concerts planned, December and March, and potentially the area contest in 2006.

This is a part time post, and will run initially from the beginning of semester one, (late September) to the end of semester 2 (after Easter), possibly extended to the end of term (late May) depending on engagements.

There has been alot of interest player wise, and I am confident that come late September/early October, the MD will have an almost full band at their disposal.

Any interested parties can contact me here by PM, of by e-mail at craigrsavage@gmail.com where I can give more information on request.

Many Thanks

Craig Savage
    President & Musical Advisor
    EUBB

2. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Position filled. :)

Thank you

3. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Spill the beans then Craig. Who got the job.

4. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

All will be revealed very shortly, keep your eyes peeled! ;)

5. TuTuKu

TuTuKu Active Member

Oooh can I join? I play cornet and am (probably) starting Edinburgh uni in sept? Not doing a music degree or anything, but have been playing principal cornet with my 4th sect/non contesting band for the last 2 or 3 years. PM me if there's a vacancy!!