Eddie Huckridge: looking for information

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by rain_forest_euphonium, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Our band recently played Mr. Huckridge's arrangement of "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" and I am trying to find information about Mr. Huckridge. I see he has done quite a number of transcriptions of orchestral work, but I can find nothing else about him.

Thanks

2. Spanky Rear

Spanky Rear Member

Why not contact the Musician's Union here in UK? They will be able to put you in contact with his sons here. Roy,in particular, may prove informative and helpful.
    Spanky

3. ophicliede

ophicliede Member

What do you want to know about gentleman Eddie Huckridge? He was indeed a very fine Soprano Cornet player and professional trumpet player. I had the priviledge of knowing Eddie, a real gentleman and his son's Roy and John. Roy can brief you on Eddie's past - a great musician light years ahead of his time.

4. Valvecap

Valvecap Member

Great gentleman - did a lot of publishing work in collaboration with Fred Muscroft... his catalogue is available - ill see if i can source it for you

5. I reside in the Greater Vancouver Area of British Columbia, Canada. Our band , Little Mountain Brass Band, is the only non-Salvation Army band in the entire province. With that as a background, the reason I would like to know something about Mr. Huckridge is that we include substantial program notes for our audiences. This is a new musical forum for most of them and we try to inform as much as we play.

For example, we once played Roy Newsome's Westwood Suite. I e-mailed him with some questions about the piece so that we could understand its origins and he very kindly responded and filled in the missing information. I just wish that publishers like Studio would put more background information in their scores - much as Philip sparke does at Anglo.

So any information on Mr. Huckridge is greatly appreciated.