Echoes from a Cumbrian Dream

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Matt Lawson, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Matt Lawson

Matt Lawson Member

Hi all,

I know this probably isn't the right place to ask such a thing, but was wondering whether you'd have a quick listen to a new piece I've been working on for some time - "Echoes from a Cumbrian Dream".

The various sections of the piece signify a reflection on my last visit to Cumbria.

The march style opening and the section later on are meant to portray a carnival I saw up there, so is generally happy sounding.

The first slow section after the introduction is to reflect the romantic nature of the Cumbrian mountains. I hope to achieved some sort of romantic feeling in the short and simple Euph solo.

The echoing section after this is to reflect history; the roman legions as they marched across a misty Roman Road high atop "High Street", the highest roman road in England. The simple, but slightly sombe sounding echoes reflect the trumpets blasting out from the Roman soldiers as they approach the old fort near Ambleside.

The ending is where I am brought back into the present time, with the end of the Carnival and the end of a reflection on a visit to my favourite place in Britain.

It is finished in first draft form, but there will me major changes in the accompaniment and probably harmonies too.

These are only first ideas, and it is my first attempt at brass band writing so don't be too cruel in your words :cool:

Please tell me what you like and what you don't like.

If you could, that'd be fantastic.

If you have broadband, you can stream it HERE.

If you'd like to download it, right click HERE and choose "Save Target As..."

The file size for both is 5.6MB I do believe.

Thank you all very much.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    all
    place
    listen
    soldiers
    legions