Echo cornets

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by W.Rimmer, Mar 20, 2004.

1. W.Rimmer

W.Rimmer Member

I'm flushed with success at having just put together an echo cornet (details of this epic task are at http://freespace.virgin.net/andy.callard/EchoCornet.htm ). My question is, now that I've played Alpine Echoes through more times than I can count, what other little gems have been writtten for this instrument?
    :D
    Andy.

2. Sam Atherton

Sam Atherton Member

I've always wondered what an echo cornet was! It looks fantastic - can't wait to get onto a pc where I'll be able to hear it. I'm so impressed you built your own instrument, I think I'd be limited to making my own Hosaphone(TM) :wink:

Ummm... no idea about what else you can play on one, though. Sorry :(

3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Dont know about other pieces for the echo cornet, but I have one and it's a gem of an instrument... :D No doubt I'll be writing a new piece for it in the not too distant future

:)

4. My teacher has one of them sovreign echo cornets, they're nice, and they eliminate the need for cumbersome mutes if you blow to the right effect with the 4th valve down

5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

My god that's brilliant, I'm so impressed!!

Much respect!!! :shock: 8)

6. wilky

wilky Member

echo cornet

im fortunate to have harry mortimers original echo cornet :p

7. tim

tim Member

The torstein aagard nielsen cornet concerto has a section for echo cornet but its a beast of a piece so u'll hav to be pretty superb to play it!!!

8. W.Rimmer

W.Rimmer Member

9. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Excellent improvement!
    Good job :D