Eccles Borough Band - vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by les, Jun 3, 2005.

1. les

les Member

Edit: For recent vacancies, see the latest posts

The Eccles Borough Band (3rd Section) would love to hear from any players who could help us to enjoy full rehearsals on a Tuesday and Thursday night 8.00pm to 10.00pm

We have key areas which need filling, namely Bass players and cornet/soprano players. We would love to hear from anyone who is keen on joining a band who are ambitious and forward thinking.

Please email me on or give me a ring on : 07740 864676

Les Webb
    MD Eccles Borough Band
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2007
  2. les

les Member

S O S - Bass Players Urgently Needed!!

Please please please:-? :confused: If anyone can help - please respond ASAP

Why is there a general shortage of bass players out there? We are a 3rd section band . I have been conducting here for 2 months, but we only have one bass player. Is someone scaring them off!! :ranting2: - If anyone knows of any bass players looking to join a progressive band, Please contact me on : 07740 864676 or
    ps. We would like to hear from any musicians who are looking for a band in the Manchester area. We also have vacancies on front row and soprano

Les - MD Eccles Borough Band

Desperateley seeking Basses
    rehearsals: Tues & Thurs. 8.00pm-10.00pm
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2005
  3. DaveBB

DaveBB Member

I'll always help out if I can think you've got my number or send us a message and I'll sort you out with it.
  4. les

les Member

AS ONE DOOR CLOSES, ANOTHER ONE OPENS...Principal Cornet Required!

Unfortunately, due to work commitments, our Principal Cornet won't be able to commit to this position. This leaves us with a vacancy on Principal cornet.

We are the Eccles Borough Band who rehearse on a Tuesday and Thursday night 8.00pm-10.00pm

Anyone wishing to apply, please do so in confidence to :

Les Webb - MD Tel: 07740 864676 or E-mail me at:

All enquires will be treated in the strictest confidence.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2005
  5. vonny

vonny Member

Nice phrase les.... doors continually open and close, but you will find that most doors remain ajar :D

Eccles Borough Band
  6. sterlingsop

sterlingsop Member Les you need help!

If there is ANYTHING I can do, shout me and I'll help you ;)
  7. les

les Member

New year - new challenge?

Eccles Borough Band - 3rd Section Manchester area - would love to welcome bass players and at present has a vacancy for the position of Principal Cornet. We are a progressive band which possesses many talented players, but would like to add to our ranks to enable us to enjoy a fruitful 2006. If anyone is interested or simply would like to come for a blow in any section, then contact myself by private message, or e-mail me at : -

Merry xmas and a happy new year to all TMP readers!

Les Webb (MD - Eccles Borough Band)
  8. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

New Year -new challenge? Eb/Bb Basses required- Eccles Borough Band

North-West 3rd section, Eccles Borough Band require both Eb and Bb bass players.
    All other players welcome along :)icon_cheesygrin:)

Please contact Band Secretary Val, on: 0161 865 1599 is t' website...
  9. les

les Member

Correction to e-mail address

Hi Naomi

Hope you had a good xmas and wish you and James a happy new year!!

10. Naomi McFadyen

Cheers Les,
    Hope you and your family hada good christmas too... see you in the new year!
  11. cornetkate

cornetkate Member

Eccles made me feel really welcome, so there must be someone out there looking for the challenge of principal cornet!! Good luck Les

Cornetkate :icon_smile:
  12. les

les Member

Players in the manchester area

People of Eccles and district - Where are your brass players?

In the past the Eccles Borough Band has been very successful at contests, but recently we have been unable to enter, as we have not been able to fill certain positions in the band. This is mainly Bb and Eb basses and front row cornets. We are sure there are players out there, who may not have played for sometime, or feel like a change and are just waiting for someone to ask them to come along to rehearsals. Well, we are doing that now. Please come - We rehearse on a tuesday and thursday evenings for 8.00pm-10.00pm, at our band room on Corporation Road, Eccles. We are a very friendly band and do have some very good players of all ages, from young students to the more mature! musicians. Whatever brass instrument you play, you will be most welcome to come along for a blow. The more the merrier!! So many local bands have ceased to exist in recent years and we don't want that to happen to Eccles Borough Band.

Please contact Val Davis the band secretary on 0161 865 1599 or Les our MD on 07740 864676

Thank you for taking time to read this

Val Davies, Band Secretary
  13. brass stick

brass stick Member

Good luck in your quest - I'm sure no one wants Eccles to cease!

Sale Brass
  14. tubaloopy

tubaloopy Member

Can I just add that Eccles have got some of the best facilities and equipment in the North West.
    The band room is excellent, they have more percussion gear than you could shake a stick at, there are 2 pubs NEXT DOOR to the bandroom, and they have a good MD who is not only an excellent musician, but a good guy as well.
    If you are in the area, get yourself down there.
  15. i have to second what t.l. has said.

ive been going down there once a week in the last month or 2 and the facts have been typed there for all to see. if they were to get back to being a full band, i have no doubt at all that they will be a brass banding force to be reckoned with in the north west. the core of players they have are good and they work well as a team. the bandroom atmosphere is very friendly there and i have to say im enjoying my time there. they make every new player feel very welcome there and i for 1 would love to see the band get to full strength. come and experience the ecclesborough brass band for yourselves and im sure you'll enjoy it. im sure les would be very pleased to see you there :)
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  16. vonny

vonny Member

Yes I agree with you Jon!
    The 6 months myself and Keely spent with Eccles Borough Band was an enjoyable experience. It was a shame we had to leave and I do miss playing there, but the travelling was difficult in the end.
    I hope in the future you can get the players you need and then Eccles can gain thier full potential!

All the best

Yvonne x
  17. Heather17

Heather17 Member

Get down there !!

I had some of THE best banding days of my life at Eccles Borough .. get over there ppl .. 1st class band room , and I'm sure they will look after you and yours ...Hi to everyone at Eccles .. hope u get what u deserve.
    Heather xx :D

TIMBONE Active Member

Some of the high points in my banding was sitting in with Eccles when they won Buxton and Pontins - and it wasn't that long ago. I also remember them sending a 12 piece for a whole week to take the stage in a scene from "Hello Dolly" when I was MDing the show. It would be good to see Eccles back in the contest arena again. Remember 'Eccles', Flixton were down to 6 players four years ago, so don't loose hope.
  19. euphnut

euphnut New Member

Hi Les and the Band,

Hope you can get players. No band should ever consider the prospect of folding or giving up, which I know you would not. The best assets the band has is the players they have. Keep going and the band will do very well. My advice would be to players that you have that they turn up religiously because from my experience if you turn up to a band where players are "missing" bandsmen can feel demorilised at the first rehersal they attend.

Anyway, I am sure you will be able to turn it around.

Good luck to you and the band.

From your bruv Ian:p
  20. Naomi McFadyen

Get down to Eccles people.... and if it's your birthday you'll get a lovely CAKE! :lol:

They are a great bunch of people and the band does have the potential to do well again.... please help fill up the seats so this band can get back to contesting again!

All the best Les on filling up the seats you require.... :)