Eccles Borough Band strengthen their ranks

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by budstellabecks, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Eccles Borough Band have been busy during the early part of the summer strengthening our ranks. We are pleased to announce the signings of Kyle Adams on Soprano Cornet, Ruth Dunning on Solo Horn and her husband, Robert Dunning on Solo Trombone. Steve Hughes also joins us on 2nd Euphonium.

Kyle Adams has previously played with Smithills, Hoover and Eagley Bands. Ruth Dunning and Robert Dunning join us from Uppermill Band and Steve Hughes joins us after a 10 year break from banding but has previously played for several bands including Swinton, Stalybridge and Windsor Bands.

Meanwhile, the band are sorry to announce that Principal Cornet player Sarah Simpson has left the band to join The United Co-Op Band (Crewe). Sarah has helped the band during a successful period and we thank her for all her hard work and wish her well for the future. Graham Ebbrell will now take over the reigns as our Principal Cornet player with immediate effect.

MD Les Webb says of the recent signings "These are exciting times. We boast virtually a full band, only 3 players light, which is a luxury these days! When I took over the reigns back in March of 2005, at a time when the band couldn't contest, there were on average about 10 maybe 12 players around the stands. Things have moved on a great deal with some good results in the bag. I wish to welcome the new players to the band, and would like to comment on how much this has strengthened the band, which in the coming contest season will hopefully help push us into the 3rd section nationally as well as locally. I am also glad to announce the appointment of Graham Ebbrell to the position of principal cornet. Graham is a more than capable player and it is a move the band welcome. We all wish Graham well in his new role."
  2. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Watch out for Rob, he's a shifty character ;) :tongue:

Hope your new venture works out for you mate!