Ebbw Vale Contest (SEWBBA)

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by matthetimp, Apr 11, 2007.

1. matthetimp

matthetimp Member

Who is going to this contest all together? I think the championship section is goijng to be interesting this year with most of the bands involved in the 'British Open' league system i.e. Grand Shield, Senior Cup, Senior Trophy, which takes place (i think) the week after. There may be only one or two bands playing different pieces then. What do you think?
  2. jim

jim Member

I hate to say it but I have a feeling we will here the contest controler saying about 'I hope we never see a poor turn out like this agin!' sad but as debated so many times on here the welsh contests are in a mess. And the champion band of wales issue sparked that of some years ago.
  3. matthetimp

matthetimp Member

Your Right about this, but apparantly BTM, Cwmaman, Tongwynlais, Tredegar, Parc & Dare are all going!? Is this true? Will be good for top section if it is along with Newbridge, Treherbert and Tylorstown should be a good contest.
  4. Scongie

Scongie Member

Mr Timp......it seems you've forgotten your friends at Mid-Rhondda. Not surprising the state you were in on the Saturday night in Pontins mind!!!

heard a rumour that BTM were coming back to the local arena. Would expect a good turn out as it gives the bands taking part in the spring festival the following week a useful run out
  5. matthetimp

matthetimp Member

Ah yes mid-rhondda as well. Sorry was thinking about section you were in at Swansea for some reason. Mmmmmmmmmm I wonder why I was drunk @ Pontins? Was it all the quadruple Vodka's and Double Tequila Slammers you were buying me!? LOL
  6. SuperHorn

SuperHorn Member

Sorry to disappoint but if Cwmaman are going to Ebbw Vale (of which we are not) it would have been in the second section
  7. jim

jim Member

what section will BTM be in as they havn't competed here for a feiw years?
  8. matthetimp

matthetimp Member

Ah my mistake. I heard that you appealed!? So as Jim said, What about BTM then? 1st section? 2nd section? are they going? let us know!
  9. Deano

Deano Member

That is not entirely true, as you have not competed in a local grading contest for 3 years you have been removed from the grading system. If you ever decide to compete again then the grading committee will decide as to which section you will compete in, probably Championship as they have done with BTM who have decided to re-enter the system this year.
  10. Deano

Deano Member

As far as I know this is the line up, if I miss anybody, apologies.

Champ - Adjudicator Chris Wormald
    Mid Rhondda

1st - Adjudicator Alan Fernie
    Briton Ferry
    Lewis Merthyr
    RAF St Athan

2nd - Adjudicator Chris Wormald
    Blaenavon Town
    Gwaun Cae Gurwen

3rd - Adjudicator Chris Wormald
    Ebbw Vale
    Severn tunnel

4th - Adjudicator Alan Fernie
    Blaenafon concert
    Upper Rhondda

Juniors - Adjudicator Alan Fernie
    Mid Rhondda

Starts at 10.00am with the 4th Section
  11. SuperHorn

SuperHorn Member

Forgot about that

:oops: :oops: :oops:
  12. 13dafl

13dafl New Member

Ebbw Vale Contest

I was just wondering which bands were competing in this years Ebbw Vale contest on the 12th of May?:clap:
  13. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

We already had a thread about this contest, so I merged your question into that. I think you can find your answers here... ;)
  14. 13dafl

13dafl New Member

Any predictions for the day?
  15. matthetimp

matthetimp Member

Could we get a poll going on this now as it is only 6 days away? I don't know how to set one up. Could one of the mods help? Many thnaks.
  16. dyl

dyl Active Member

A poll for what?
  17. matthetimp

matthetimp Member

Some one was on about a poll for each section so people could vote for who they thought would win in the contest.
  18. Di

Di Active Member

A poll for each section would mean a thread for each section and even then, the poll, at most, could accept multiple votes, so you could choose three, but not in any order. It would be easier to just state your predictions for each section in the thread.

19. 13dafl

13dafl New Member

My predictions are -
    Champ- Tredegar
    Mid Rhondda

1st- Markham
    RAF St Athan

2nd - Penclawdd

3rd - Crosskeys

4th - Blaenafon concert
    Upper Rhondda
  20. RobBari

RobBari Member

Cheers 13dafl for the vote of confidence in Markham, but disappointingly we will not be there, seems it's a popular weekend for weddings etc and we got a few players missing.