Ebbw Vale Contest News - Ooops!

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Salli, May 15, 2004.

1. Salli

Salli Member

I have just received a telephone call from Bagpuss who has spoken to Jessop-Smythe at Ebbw Vale (he's playing with Abergavenny Band in the 1st Section).

Apparently, Bryan Hurdley was supposed to be adjudicating the 1st and 2nd sections, but hasn't turned up! :oops: :shock:

When Abergavenny Band arrived for the 1st section draw they were told that the 2nd Section hadn't yet started.

Somebody spotted Nick Childs going into the Leisure Centre with his children and grabbed him! So the section is now under way, better late than never, with Nick adjudicating

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  2. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Oh dear! :lol: :lol:
  3. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

:shock: :? Guess who won't be adjudicating again anytime soon! :lol:

:lol: :lol:
  4. Thegroupies

Thegroupies Member

oops! i should say so
    For one awefull moment i had flashbacks to torquey thank goodness for 24hour Tesco (and of course Nick Childs)

The wait was well worth it

Fab performance also by Greater Gwent Youth Brass Band. What a pitty more wern't able to watch.

Your forthcoming tour looks to be the bus' especially if you unconducted performance is a little more polished. Still as good as ever though , what is more important you all enjoy it so much :wink: :wink:
  5. ted

ted Member

Bryan Hurdley is suppose to adjudicate the New South Wales State Championships in September...

6. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Is Bryan Hurdley okay? Illness seems a more likely reason than forgetfulness...
  7. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Don't remind me about Torquay, we were lucky because we only had an hour and a half to travel home! Really felt for the Scottish, NoE etc. Bands
    ..... Are you suggesting that they found Nick in the 24 hour Tesco?!? :eek: :lol:
  8. Ahhh so that's what the microphone guy was on about.
  9. Thegroupies

Thegroupies Member

Nick Childs was actually in the swimming Pool, i think they let him change first. :?: Mind you,there was a strange puddle and a strong smell of chlorine around the tent!! :? :?

Hope someone bought him a pint or two after :tup :guiness

P.S Have just heard a wisper (could have been a chinese one) Bryan Hurdley was at the Millenium Stadium with BTM at Cup final :roll: :wow :wow :wow
  10. Jordan

Jordan Member

nah can vouch for him that he was'nt there, one hell of a day though!! :D
  11. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

millenium stadium was the challenge cup final, were BTM the band that played and marched round the field a few times?
  12. Suz

Suz Member

BTM ten piece played in Cardiff at a local bar before, during and after the match but didn't march around the stadium, don't think many of them could have walked straight never mind march!!!
  13. Jordan

Jordan Member

Tis true, a few beers were consumed :D :p
  14. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

ah right ok.
  15. edward_allen

edward_allen New Member

Of course the question remains: what the hell happened to Bryan Hurdley ?

Does anyone know if he is ok ? If he is, then did he just forget ?
  16. Thegroupies

Thegroupies Member

Good question, even the "powers that be" are still keeping quiet about - if they know.

Someone, somewhere must know.But who :twisted:

I heard allien abduction it most favoured at present :wink: :wink:
  17. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

According to the stories I heard going around at rehearsal tonight, he forget all about it :oops:
  18. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

That's what the BB says, as well :oops:
  19. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

According to a quote in yesterdays BB this is exactly what happened. He just plain forgot.

Is every contest organiser now going to be contacting their chosen adjudicators right up to the day just to make sure they're going to be there :roll: :roll:
  20. edward_allen

edward_allen New Member

What a ridiculous thing to "forget" ! Can't imagine he will be booked again ?