Ebb bass mouthpiece needed

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by richardcowens2008, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Hi, after a long time on Bbb bass im now on Ebb bass but do not have a smaller mouthpiece just my big bucket one for Bbb, does anyone have one for sale cheep??? 24AW i've been told is one to start with.

Thanks

Rick Cowens

2. bobbyp

bobbyp Member

I use the same piece for both

3. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

I can recommend a DW 2L. It's quite big so the transition won't be that noticeable.
    I'd deffo try your current BBb iron in the EEb though and give it a go for a while and see how you go.
    Years ago at Imps I played Solo EEb on a BBb mouthpiece and found it suited me well, but of course that was back in the dark ages !!

- Mr Wilx

4. Ok thanks ill keep having ago, its a new york bass and have a bit of truble with the valves sticking which I know is a commen problem with them but also find there's a limit of air you can put throught it and octave jump tuning is abit of a prolem so duno if a smaller mouthpiece would benifit my playing or just more practice?

5. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

I'd give it two weeks banding with a bit of home practice doing (boring) long notes over the full range of the instrument to establish the new Eb pitch in your head. If you're still having probs after that, then perhaps a different MP might be called for, but you know as well as I do that trying different MPs one after the other can be a never ending
    carry on that is frustrating and not good for your lip.
    I'll be interested to know how you go on.
    Good luck,

- Mr Wilx

6. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Currently on EEb for the foreseeable future, and I use a Wick 1L for both. Didn't really think that it was worth shelling out another ton for a slighter smaller mouthpiece, especially if you are going back on to BBb, or have to put the parts in on the EEb.

All your own choice, but I wouldn't go to small, as per Mr Wilx comments, as it will be that much harder to transition back to a bigger gob iron that would be needed on the test pieces that you are liable to be playing if back on BBb.

7. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

recently spent more time on EEb than bass trom and now using a 1L, gradually getting used to it (still makes me blind to key changes, sorry Bass Trumpet)

8. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

That's because it goes over your eyes...