Ebay Madness

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by bigmamabadger, Apr 12, 2006.

1. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

My name is Badger and I have become an Ebay addict. Please help me. I'm bidding for things I neither want nor need. Why do I need a pair of riding boots? I don't own a horse. I don't even like horses.
    Ebay is evil. Must resist. Must follow the Way of the Tmp.
    Arrghgh!
    BMB
    xx

2. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Ooooh Ooooh Ooooh, i know this feeling! My mum made me bid for some sea beans for her the other day on ebay. What the hell is a sea bean i hear you cry?! I sure as hell don't know but there are four of them sitting in the window!

*shakes head!*

3. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

You know if you actually have the winning bid it means you have to buy the item. So if you win the riding boots auction you have speant money that could have been used to buy food.
    Thats my logic anyway.

4. Harold.Wells

Harold.Wells Active Member

Can be VERY addictive BMB - I have a friend who is addicted to "ordinary" auctions (I hate to think what would happen if he were to log on to EBay!).

Like you, he bids for and buys stuff that he has no need for and will never use - his last purchase (that I know about) was a Lot of 50 x 5 litre tins of paint (various colours). He's got a two-bedroom upper-flatted villa!

His wife is getting so upset with him buying "white elephants" that he waits until she's out before bringing his purchases into the house and stashing them in his loft!

I think that he seriously needs help!

5. Alisop

Alisop Member

I love ebay I bought all my Christmas presents on their, it gave me an excuse to shop!

6. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Ooo Little sister is getting a bit addicted, she's currently selling all her belongings, presents from ex boyfriends, shoes, clothes,you name it, she's selling it!
    Mum is just getting into it and was so proud when you bid for a really expensive handbag and so upset when someone else stole if form her with only 13 secs to go!

7. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

The gospel of Ebay.

I figured we could start the Ebay commandments, the 10 rules of ebay shopping that define what you must do to be a successful ebay shopper.

here we go.

The first commandment is
    Thou shalln't not bid for anything before first reading the description in triplicate, and then getting an apostle or desciple to agree with you on what the item actually is.

any more?
    (sorry if this is hijacking your thread bmb, but it is loosely related isn't it?)

For what it's worth I let Deb do all our ebay shopping, i went on there once, read the description wrong and got a foot long bloke playing the piano. :oops: Read people, read it VERY carefully. :mad:

8. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

2nd commandment: Thou shalt not place bids on multiple copies of the same item when you're not going to be around when bidding ends, hoping that one may be successful - you may end up winning them all :mad:

9. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I've got to ask. What ever did you think you were buying? :confused:

10. Steve

Steve Active Member

No, dont think you should ask!!!!!!! fff

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    name
    Ebay
    Badger
    addict
    pair
  12. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Oh. :oops:

13. Steve

Steve Active Member

Sorry Dave :(

14. Alisop

Alisop Member

3rd comandment check the cost of the postage before bidding. A bargin sudenly stops being a bargin if its going to cost you a fortune in postage

15. NeilW

NeilW Member

Never pay more for an item that you'd be prepared to in the cold light of next day (unless you can use a PayPal accound linked to your partner's bank account "by mistake" to pay for it :oops: )

My wife's taken up SELLING stuff on it (old bridesmade dresses this week, old floortiles last....). I'm dreading finding my euph or worse still myself up for auction auction :sup

Neil.

16. Alisop

Alisop Member

Don't go on ebay when you are drunk!

17. Steve

Steve Active Member

4th commandment - Dont put yourself up for auction! Ebay will send you nasty emails no matter how innocent the auction is.

18. Bungle

Bungle Member

5th commandment - If it looks too good to be true, don't touch it.

19. Di

Di Active Member

Just getting in to this, and getting used to checking out ebay before looking elsewhere. Currently got 6 minutes to go on an item and so far i'm top bidder. :biggrin:

20. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

That reminds me of Commandment No 6: Never post a link on tMP to anything you may want to bid on yourself!!!

21. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Currently bidding on what may turn out to be my first purchase (unless someone else steals them!) I have 5 minutes left...I'm excited!

Success - woooo!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
  22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    name
    Ebay
    Badger
    addict
    pair