Eb Tuba

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by benmcmahon, Jun 22, 2011.

1. benmcmahon

benmcmahon New Member

Morning all,

I'm looking at buying a 2nd hand Eb Tuba and wondered if anyone had any recommendations about where to look?

I haven;t played for a few years but am getting myself back into it now. Tuba, practice, join band etc......

Would appreciate any knowledge!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Eb Tuba
    Tuba
    Eb Tuba Morning
    hand Eb Tuba
    haven
  3. Pav

Pav Member

Have a word with Mr Tuba. There's an advert on the right.

4. Simes

Simes Supporting Member

eBay is always a good place to have a look - there are usually some 2nd hand basses on their at a range of prices.

Depending on where you are in the country, First Brass in Northampton also seem to generally have some stock.

Mr Tuba has been mentioned - and I am sure he is very good, but the only time I spoke to him (some time ago when I was looking) he was quite expensive and I ended up buying a brand new York BBb from Trevada.

5. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

My mate Bryce just posted some tuba refurbs on his facebook page..... he seems to have had a few bits in recently and he's always reasonable. Contact him via www.brassandwoodwind.co.uk to ask him what his stock is if you're interested. :D

6. benmcmahon

benmcmahon New Member

Thanks chaps!

Am I dreaming thinking I could get something pretty good for less than 2k?

7. BassoProfundo

BassoProfundo Member

Most bands have instruments available. Might be an idea to see what bands have on offer and to make sure you really do want to play again (i.e. several weeks of committment) before making the investment in your own instrument.

Good luck and welcome back to the engine room!

8. Simes

Simes Supporting Member

I don't think you're dreaming. You won't get something new - but a good condition 4 valve mid '80s Imperial (for example) would be well within that price range.