Eb Tuba player looking for band (notts)

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by TheBassPlayer, Feb 12, 2007.

1. TheBassPlayer

TheBassPlayer New Member

Hey all,

First time poster, long time player haha.

I haven't played for a few years, but would like to start up again. Unfortunately I do not have my own Tuba, hence wanting to join a brass band! I have Grade8 but havent played for a few years so probably a bit rusty, hopefully not too rusty. Last time i played it was for Wrexham at the areas, quite sometime ago actually. Been missing it ever since.

I am based in Nottingham, in the city centre pretty much. Unfortunately I do not drive so can't venture too far out, but im sure some arrangement can be made if needed to travel a fair distance.

Drop me an email - stu.sutherland@googlemail.com - if you know of any bands looking for an Eb tuba player!! or reply on here or PM

Stu

2. Hilary Mateer

Hilary Mateer Member

Hi Stu

I think you'd get more response if you post this in recruitment corner instead of here.

I know quite a few bands looking for tuba players but all in the Sheffield Area.

I'm sure there will be some in the Nottingham area though.

Best of luck from a fellow EEb bass player :D

3. TheBassPlayer

TheBassPlayer New Member

Hey,

I wasn't sure where the best be to post, personally i find the board system here quite confusing. I'll find my way round eventually.

I think im sorted now anyways, got a very fast response, wasn't expecting to hear anything for awhile.

:D

feels great to get the chance to play again, it's been too long.

4. Di

Di Active Member

Hi Stu and :hi to tMP.

Glad to see you've had a postive response so soon and hope all goes well.

If you need any help finding your way around the forum, just give any member of the Team a shout and we'll be glad to help. :)

5. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

hi you can always give us a ring or email and come for a blow;)

6. comrademalk

comrademalk New Member

Hello there. I'd be really pleased if you came to help us/me out. I play Eb Bass with the South Notts Hussars Association Band - Used to be a military band but not any more. We practice on Wednesday evenings at Bulwell. You can contact me on 0115 8491625. hope to hear from you. Malcolm.