Eb Tuba player looking for band (notts)

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by TheBassPlayer, Feb 12, 2007.

1. TheBassPlayer

TheBassPlayer New Member

Hey all,

First time poster, long time player haha.

I haven't played for a few years, but would like to start up again. Unfortunately I do not have my own Tuba, hence wanting to join a brass band! I have Grade8 but havent played for a few years so probably a bit rusty, hopefully not too rusty. Last time i played it was for Wrexham at the areas, quite sometime ago actually. Been missing it ever since.

I am based in Nottingham, in the city centre pretty much. Unfortunately I do not drive so can't venture too far out, but im sure some arrangement can be made if needed to travel a fair distance.

Drop me an email - stu.sutherland@googlemail.com - if you know of any bands looking for an Eb tuba player!! or reply on here or PM

2. Hilary Mateer

Hilary Mateer Member

Hi Stu

I think you'd get more response if you post this in recruitment corner instead of here.

I know quite a few bands looking for tuba players but all in the Sheffield Area.

I'm sure there will be some in the Nottingham area though.

Best of luck from a fellow EEb bass player :D
  3. TheBassPlayer

TheBassPlayer New Member

I wasn't sure where the best be to post, personally i find the board system here quite confusing. I'll find my way round eventually.

I think im sorted now anyways, got a very fast response, wasn't expecting to hear anything for awhile.

feels great to get the chance to play again, it's been too long.
  4. Di

Di Active Member

Hi Stu and :hi to tMP.

Glad to see you've had a postive response so soon and hope all goes well.

If you need any help finding your way around the forum, just give any member of the Team a shout and we'll be glad to help. :)
  5. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

hi you can always give us a ring or email and come for a blow;)
  6. comrademalk

comrademalk New Member

Hello there. I'd be really pleased if you came to help us/me out. I play Eb Bass with the South Notts Hussars Association Band - Used to be a military band but not any more. We practice on Wednesday evenings at Bulwell. You can contact me on 0115 8491625. hope to hear from you. Malcolm.