Eb Christmas solos

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Hornic, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Hornic

Hornic Member

It's that time of year again. Does anyone know of any Eb christmas solos to play with band?

Cheers y'all

2. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Yes, but unless you want the rest of the band to murder you, don't choose anything that begins with Rudolf, as it is an EEb bass solo, and a complete pile of a steaming substance.

3. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

"Frosty the ******* Snowman" as my EEb Soloist mate referred to it after his 10th performance of it during one Christmas Season !!!
    (Can also be used for Bass Bone)

4. Jonno

Jonno Member

Don't agree !!!

Our e-flat bass soloist performed the Mark Freeh version of 'Rudolph' last year and we all had great fun with the singing etc. Brought the house down in all our Xmas performances. Admittedly it may be a little cheesy but aren't all Christmas tunes !!!

5. Di

Di Active Member

6. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Is this for Bass? or sop? or tenor horn?

7. Majoresteve

Majoresteve Member

any Bb christmas solos around?

8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I'm wondering if any of our budding composers are reading this... Ben, Will, Naomi, Tim, Mike...??? maybe you can knock something up related to these few requests...

9. HBB

HBB Active Member

Hi there.

As Diane has already said, "A Christmas Commingle" is available. Only been out 1 month now.

This includes: Good King Wencelas, Jolly Old Saint Nicholas, Away in a Manger, The First Noel, Jingle Bells, Silent Night and We Wish You A Merry Christmas.

Band parts are at £20, and available now.

www.tubbpublishing.com/christmas.htm | http://www.tubbpublishing.com/commingle-band.htm (direct link to site).

Please e-mail with any queries - ben@tubbpublishing.com. I'd be more than happy to help.

All the Best

Ben