Eb / Bb bass player

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by tuba_latte, Mar 27, 2004.

1. tuba_latte

tuba_latte New Member

So, tubalatte, you're making a return to playing?

Yes, that's right. I've not played for a few months and I'm looking to get back into it

What have you been doing?

Not a lot really. I heard bands play at a couple of the Areas this year and realised that I missed playing

What experience do you bring?

Well, I played for top section bands for a number of years. Those bands were ranked in the top 20 on 4barsrest. I've played at all the Major contests, and finished in the top 10 at all of them.

What level of banding are you looking to play at?

It all depends on the band and where they are based. I'm happy to travel a little bit, but I'm not going to drive more than about 45 minutes from my house.

Which do you prefer to play, Eb or Bb bass?
    I'm happy playing either, although the last 2 years I played where on Bb bass.

How do people get in touch with you?
    Drop me a PM here, or email me at tuba_latte@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you.
    You're welcome.
  2. groovy

groovy Active Member

Hello mods - I think this should be in the "Recruitment Corner" maybe.....lol :wink: :p
  3. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Mods: Hello Groovy

Mods: We think you're right. We'll move it now!

4. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

The M62 is a long road Tubalatte. Whereabouts on it do you live?

5. tuba_latte

tuba_latte New Member

6. HBB

HBB Active Member

7. MattB

MattB Member

Well tuba, if you're willing to come and join a little 4th section band who could really make use of your experience, then Littleborough wants you!! We are only really short of another Bb Bass, so it would be a perfect marriage!
  8. dotman

dotman New Member

Wire Brass are always on the lookout for top players. We are a relatively new band - check out the website www.wirebrass.co.uk - and obviously very ambitious. Plus we rehearse next to a pub!!! What more could you want?

Edit: Fixed the link! (dyl)
  9. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

BT Band (Stockport) are looking for an Eb bass player to complete out line up for the Senior Cup in May. PM me or Helenv if you're interested or see our website

Not sure where J31 is though, I have a feeling it may be nearer Leeds?
  10. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

It's definately over that way. Junctions on the M62 going East from Manchester start at about 20 methinks.
  11. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

are any bands willing to take on a skitzophrenic? ;);)
  12. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

If both personalities can play at the same time, I need a BBb bass and a perc?? Tubba_latte what does your second friend play??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
  13. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Must be. Look at all the conductors out there! :lol:

14. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

There seem to be a few where the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing :wink:

Back on topic: good luck with your search for a band - hope you're soon back in the swing of things :lol:
  15. tuba_latte

tuba_latte New Member

Thanks. I've had a few offers and am just getting a feel for the bands involved.

16. tuba_latte

tuba_latte New Member

Thanks to everyone who got in touch. The Mouthpiece.com really does work. I've got myself sorted with a band, so smiles all round.

Thanks again