Eb Bass urgently required for Harrogate

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by GJG, Aug 3, 2010.

1. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Due to unexpected employment relocation (to Qatar - bit far to commute for rehearsals!), The Egham Band (Surrey/Middx/West London borders) is looking to recruit a 1st Section standard Eb Bass player. (We would welcome interest from a Bb bass player, as we may be able to switch existing players to accomodate.) Preference will obviously be given to players who can rattle off the bass part of "Diversions" with no difficulty at their first rehearsal ... (!)

Obviously we are keen to find someone who is prepared to commit to the band long-term, however under the circumstances, and given the proximity of the Lower Section National Finals (25th Sept.), and the late-August transfer/registration deadline, we would be prepared to consider the right player on a short-term basis.

The Egham Band is a sociable 1st Section band located in the town of Egham (just off J13 M25, near Heathrow), with our own purpose-built rehearsal facilities (which include a social club and bar). The Bandhall is located less than a minutes walk from Egham station, which is on the main Waterloo/Reading line, about 40 mins from Waterloo. We rehearse on Monday/Friday evenings (8-10pm), with some extra rehearsals scheduled in the run-up to contests.

Please contact me either by PM, or by e-mail at musical.director@eghamband.co.uk
    I can also be reached directly on 07712052397
  2. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

We have sorted a temporary replacement for Harrogate, but are still looking for a long-term solution.

[PS - I'm not sure how to change the thread title to reflect this; can I do it myself, or could a friendly Mod help, please?]
  3. Owen S

Owen S Member

I think we're still looking for one or two cornets and another percussionist too, aren't we? If not, I'd better edit the website. ;)