Eb bass teachers/players?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by ben.gernon, Apr 18, 2004.

1. ben.gernon

ben.gernon Member

Are there any experienced eb bass players/teachers that live in the shropshire area or in the surrounding area? I need experienced players/teachers to go and visit on a regular basis to help me extend my playing and develop my own personal sound. It would be ideal to be seeing a few different people every month. I am willing to travel-but not too far (i.e. not scotland every saturday!) Anybody know of anyone to contact or indeed yourself? Thanks! :D
  2. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

There's two cracking brass teachers in Shropshire who just happen to be husband and wife. I don't have contact details to hand, but you should try to get in touch with Dave and Becky Heywood.
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Re: Eb bass teachers-shropshire area?!!!

Hope you're sucessful in finding someone who can help, but I would suggest sticking with one person rather than several. That way you will get some continuity and structure in what you are doing. If you feel you are not progressing, that would be the time to look for someone else to take you on further.
  4. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Total agreement, I played in Shropshire Youth with Dave conducting, and as a brass musician and teacher I seriously know very few better.

Dave and Becky's number cut from the post. Please do not post peoples personal details on tmp thanks :D I have pmed the number to ben.gernon thanks, Sparkly
  5. ben.gernon

ben.gernon Member

Does anyone have contact details for Joseph Cook or Phil Goodwin? Pm me if you do please!
  6. Bones

Bones Member

Joe's Website http://www.joecook.co.uk/

He's a thouroughly nice bloke having met him a few times.

7. ben.gernon

ben.gernon Member

Thanks guys for all your help! Have contacted relevant people! Special thanks to Nick Jones, Beaumaris Band, for all the help he has given me! :tup