Eb Bass required for Skegness - North East

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by bigcol, Jan 2, 2006.

1. bigcol

bigcol Member

Five Rivers Brass (near Newcastle) are looking for an experienced E-flat bass player for the Skegness Butlins Mineworker's contest on Jan 21st. As this is a 3rd section contest, we can only borrow from 3rd or 4th section. The piece is Royal Mile Suite.

If anyone is local and fancies helping us out, you can email me at colin@vauxhall-senator.com

2. CubbRep

CubbRep Member

With regards to your request,I have noticed that you said that you can borrow from 3rd or 4th section.I have been asked to play for a 3rd section band,but play for a 4th section band.There is some controversy about borrowing players outside that particular section.Someone has said the rules state that you can only borrow from your own section,ie;3rd section can only borrow from 3rd section.
    If this has changed,the band I have been asked to play for will be very happy.

3. bigcol

bigcol Member

Thanks for the tip-off - I just assumed usual rules applied. I'll confer with our secretary and get back to the board.
  4. chriscole

chriscole Member

5. chriscole

chriscole Member

Spoke to the secretary today who confirmed the rules. Bands may only borrow from their nationally graded section.
  6. bigcol

bigcol Member

Yes indeed had in confirmed last night too - so 3rd section only (still looking!)
  7. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Best of luck in your search, no players spring to mind immediately though.

Glad to see that Tmp now hosts 2 Colins living in Northumberland!
  8. bigcol

bigcol Member

Aye but tis a big county! I'm a good 40-50 miles from your bit.:clap: