Eb bass player moving to Leeds

Discussion in 'Deputies Available' started by StellaJohnson, Jul 24, 2009.

1. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Thanks Louise I did. At the moment, I am currently attending Horbury Victoria band rehearsal (until they kick me out or being badly out of practice!!!) . Its convieniant for me as it is onlt 1 1/2hrs from buxton for sundays rehearsal and 25mins away from headingley.

I haven't got a proper place to stay yet, still lodging with a very good friend and I have nowhere to practice only when I go back to buxton.

I will see how it goes when I get proper permanent digs

2. Columbo

Columbo Member

No intention of kicking you out Stella! Glad you are enjoying it and contributing in enthusiastic fashion. Great to see a full section there and it sounds like one! Cheers. See you tomorrow!

3. StellaJohnson

Got a flat in Leeds temporary for two weeks for so, might take my practice mute with me and get stuck in!

4. StellaJohnson

Ian/Steve
    I'm still going to Burbage on a friday night, when I get back from work over the week. Have you any contact details for anyone at Horsforth, Otley and Yeadon. Taken a little break from attending rehearsals in Leeds. Everywhere seems to be 2nd section or higher, a little out of my league considering I cannot practice as much as I used to. I've been to Kippax and Horbury but I would prefer a 4th section or non contesting. Nothing to heavy or serious. I live in a village near Thorner about 20minutes from Thorpe park.
    Stella

5. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

Have you considered

Hiya Stella

I wonder if you have considered us at all? We are a concert band based in West Yorkshire in a place called Birkenshaw in the direction of Bradford. We have excellent links from the motorway to our bandroom and have members coming in from throughout yorkshire (and Cheshire even) so could even maybe fix up lifts?

We would welcome you to come down and have a blow. We are a non contesting band and have a superb social life. Our engagements are a mixture and we currently have about 32 in the band.

I realise that this is a break from the normal brass band set up that you are used to but maybe its just worth a go?

Anyway, look forward to hearing from you
    Take Care

Louise

6. iancwilx

iancwilx Well-Known Member

What about Garforth Jubilee Band and the other Garforth Band whose name escapes me ?
    Garforth isn't very far from Thorner.

- Mr Wilx

7. StellaJohnson

thanks Ian, they look more my standard I want to play for. Found there website and i will get in touch with them.
    Stella

8. tubadaz

tubadaz Member

Hi Stella,

Wetherby Band (3rd Section) are not too far from you either. (About 5/10 minutes up the A1) They're a friendly bunch and will make you very welcome.

http://www.wetherbysilverband.com/

The above website will give you all the info you need.

Regards,

Darryl

9. StellaJohnson

Cheers Darryl, Can't make the friday rehearsals because I go back to Buxton/Macclesfield in the weekend, but can make the tuesday. Burbage are 3rd section also so will be useful contesting purposes. I will PM you at a later date and let you know if I can make next tuesday. Have you got a spare bass or do I need to bring mine??
    Stella

10. tubadaz

tubadaz Member

Hi Stella,

The band currently have at least one spare Sov Eb sat in the bandroom.
    I'm not playing with the band at the moment as I'm busy doing other things (Running a Brass Quintet and starting a Brass Band at York University) on practice nights, so your best bet is either to contact the conductor (Wonky_Baton on tMp) or email one of the contacts on the website! :-D

Regards,

Darryl

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  11. Wonky_Baton

Wonky_Baton Active Member

Hi

You would be very welcome at Wetherby on a Tuesday. Get in touch and we will sort you an instrument out. My telephone number is on the website www.wetherbysilverband.com

Thanks

Alan Seymour

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice