Eb bass player moving to Leeds

Discussion in 'Deputies Available' started by StellaJohnson, Jul 24, 2009.

1. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Due to work committments, I'm moving to Leeds on monday. I'm temporarly staying in Headlingley but haven't sorted anything permanant.

I'm looking for a band to play but not sure of my full committment at this moment. I currently playing for Burbage (Buxton) who are currently in the 3rd Section - Midlands.

I will need a bass to play and I don't want play anywhere thats to far from Headingley.

Please PM if you or know anyone that can help, thanks:)

2. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Supporting Member

I can't offer you a band, but I'll just say good luck with the moving...

3. Mr Malone

Mr Malone Member

Hi Stella;
    The Band of West Yorkshire Fire Service are looking for an Eb bass at the moment. They have a sovereign instrument available, and are based at the edge of Leeds, near IKEA. A great Band, with tours to Ypres and Canada coming up. The Band are led by Lee Whitworth. You can find details at:

www.wyfrsband.com

Good luck!
    Mr Malone

4. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Hey Stell - we'll be able to meet up for a few jars! I may even introduce you to the world famous iancwilx (a bosom buddy of Mr Malone ^)

5. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

I feel a thirst building up already !!!

- Mr Wilx

6. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Wetherby Silver band are needing an Eb Bass, from Headingly it's probably a 25 min drive, instrument available. Lead by TMP's Wonky Baton (alan seymour), drop him a PM, he's away I think so it may be a week before he gets in touch.

7. Columbo

Columbo Member

Hi Stella, Sent you a PM. Please check out and come back to me for further info. Cheers.

8. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

I still haven't met the world famous iancwilx!

9. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

You will, you will Anthony.
    Rather than "World Famous", I would rate myself as majorly insignificant, though perhaps "Locally infamous" would be more appropriate.
    A description which I'll gladly share with Mr B and Mr Malone !!

- Mr Wilx

10. StellaJohnson

will love to i will pm my number steve. I've heard so much about mr ian. Struggling to find somewhere local. Lots of loveley responses but i didnt really want to be travelling far. Is Kippax far as is it easy reach of the m1?

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Eb
    Leeds Due
    Headlingley
    Leeds
    Buxton
  12. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

I don't think there are any bands close to Headingley, Kippax is not that far but quite a tricky drive to get there, being the wrong side of "town". What you need is someone close to you (in Headingley) that plays in one of these bands, so you can car share.
    Come on peeps, I can vouch that Stella is a luvverly (if ever so slightly bonkers) lass!

13. Columbo

Columbo Member

I am trying to offer and have said i will pick up on way through from rochdale if necessary. I can divert through there to wakefield. I have pm'd stella with no reply. Just trying to help even if on a temporary basis if you want stell? Maybe someone could tell her if she is not online at the moment.

14. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

15. Columbo

Columbo Member

Its around 20 minutes maximum from Headingly to Horbury and I do it in around 15 - 17 minutes on my way through. Multi map says 25 but to the bandroom, which is on the outskirts is shorter.

16. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

There's Horsforth (Leeds City) Band (Non Contesting) which is about 4 miles from Headingley.
    There's also Otley Band ( Ungraded but of a good standard) which is about 7 miles from H.
    I don't know if Yeadon Old Band (The "Yobs") are still going, but Yeadon is also about 7 miles.

- Mr Wilx (Who lives 3 miles from Headingley !)

17. StellaJohnson

i've got in contact with jason and hopefully will pay a visit tommorrow night at there rehearsal

18. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Hope you have fun wherever you end up, Stella.

19. StellaJohnson

just to let you know, went to horbury victoria band last night (was a bit out of practice, we are on a summer break at Burbage!!) and really enjoyeded. Nice folk which is wot you need. Proper yorkshire band with a good boozer round the corner.

20. Columbo

Columbo Member

Glad you enjoyed Stella, and yo are welcome any time!

21. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

Still Looking?

Hiya Stella
    I did PM you but wonder if you didn't get it. Anyway are you still looking for a band?
    Thanks

Louise

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Eb
    Leeds Due
    Headlingley
    Leeds
    Buxton