Eb Bass player looking for band in South Wales

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by caramelbunny, May 16, 2008.

1. caramelbunny

caramelbunny Member

After 5 long years away at uni I’m finally heading home to Wales :D

I’m looking for a band in the South East Wales region, though I have my own transport and would consider travelling.

Please PM me if you have a vacancy or you’d like more details.
  2. matthetimp

matthetimp Member

What section(s) are you looking at? There are a few bands wanting an Eb bass player
  3. caramelbunny

caramelbunny Member

Hey Matt,
    Thanks for the reply :)

My most recent band was Bactiguard Wire Brass (NW championship section). Ideally I'd be looking for a band that would continue to develop my playing as they did. I'd prefer 1st or championship I think.
    x x
  4. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

aye aye....dont miss this one!

Well your more then welcome to have my ompah seat on the disasterphone!!
    but seriously if anyone is looking for a great player in the section , look no further than Miss Powell here , top player and a great person too....
  5. aredbrick

aredbrick New Member

Miss Powell, it is I, Mr Walsh,

I see you're looking for a band in South Wales. I have the perfect band for you. I'm playing for Llwyd Coed at the moment. Playing Sop (glutten for punishment) and we're looking for an Eb Bass player.

They're 2nd section both locally and nationaly, conducted by Rhodri Griffiths (the tall bald one! Lol). I work with Rhod which is how I ended up playing for his band. Anyway, he's asked me to ask you (as he knows you), if you'd be interested in coming for a blow one night?

We rehearse Monday's and Friday's from 7:30pm-9:30pm. They're based in Llwyd Coed (just outside Aberdare) and they're the friendliest band I've ever played with in Wales. No "clicky" groups and Rhod is really pushing the band and striving towards progressing through the 2nd section into 1st section.

It would be great to see you and catch up and you would be a welcome addition to the band.

Let me know if you're interested and I will give you some directions. Very easy to find.

6. BigBassMan

BigBassMan New Member

Hi im the secretary from Llwydcoed band and i see my eagle eyed sop player has already left you a message. As he has said previously we are looking for an Eb bass player to boost our bass section. The band is curently trying to progress and Rhodri is always trying to push the band to its limit in what we play so if your looking for a challenge i think this may be a perfect opportunity for you. It would be great to hear from you and it would be brilliant to see you in a rehersal some time. Hope to speak to you soon. Gavin Johnson.
  7. caramelbunny

caramelbunny Member

Thanks to everyone who's posted and PM'ed the last few days :D

Special thanks to Mr Nick for your lovely comments...and I haven't forgotten you and me have a date next Whit Friday with our 'disasterphones' ;)

Have limited internet access on my current placement but will endeavour to reply to everyone as quickly as I can!
    x x
  8. jim

jim Member

I used to have the lovley Miss Powell sit in front of me on many ocasions when she was in the Gwent youth band, feiw rehersals with tred and when she played for Markham in fact I owe her a smirnoff ice!