Eb Bass Player Looking For Band In Scotland

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by tubatu, May 5, 2009.

1. tubatu

tubatu Member

I'll be moving to Scotland permanently sometime in the next 2 months. I'll be moving to Rhu, a village about 25 miles NW of Glasgow.
    I have tried contacting a couple of bands in the area but have had no reply, so far!

I've been playing for over 30 years and think I'm a reasonable player, having played in bands up to 1st section standard. I'm not a great fan of contesting, but will do it!

I don't currently have my own bass as I had to sell it a few years ago for financial reasons, but hope to get one very soon.

So, if any band is interested, either PM me or email me at tubatu2@gmail.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

2. tubatu

tubatu Member

3. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

We have a vacancy but seeing as we're based in Lochgelly in Fife I didn't think you would want to travel so far. Great if you do...

Bands around your area are Barrhead, Johnstone, Renfrew, Inverclyde and Clydebank but most of them will entail a trip into Glasgow and across the Erskine bridge.

4. tubatu

tubatu Member

Thanks johnmartin

Fife is a bit far too travel!

5. tubatu

tubatu Member

Just been informed that Clydebank aren't rehearsing at the moment.
    If anyone has anymore info about them, please let me know.

6. Tubist

Tubist New Member

There is a Royal Naval Volunteer Band based at HMS Neptune, about 3 miles north of Rhu. The band takes volunteers from civilian life and there is not a requirement to sign up to anything like a Territorial Army contract. The band is run along the lines of a Royal Marines Concert Band and all instruments etc are provided. The band is conducted by a Royal Marines Band Service Colour Sergeant. Further details should be available if you call the main switchboard at HMS Neptune and ask to speak with the Volunteer Band Instructor (VBI)

7. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Is that run to Fife no looking a bit more appealing now... :)

Try Barrhead or Johnstone

8. tubatu

tubatu Member

Johnstone have emailed me, so I'm going to give them a go.

9. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

they are a good bunch. I played with them up until last year but only left because I moved 70 miles away. You should have fun with them.

10. hornblower

hornblower Member

I was playing with Clydebank, but the band has pretty much folded due to lack of players. I'm currentky bandless as a result

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    player
    bands
    Bass Player
    Eb
    @gmail.com