Eb Bass player looking for a band Preston/Blackpool area

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Rumble, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Rumble

Rumble New Member

I have recently moved to an area between Preston and St Annes and would very much like to find a non-contesting or 4th section band to play with within a reasonable traveling distance. I have been playing Eb Bass for about 4 years and have my own instrument. Most of the bands that i have found in this area are of a higher standard than my playing ability. Any ideas, before i suffer withdrawal symptoms :eek: .

Rumble

2. andyp

andyp Active Member

Hmmm- guess you're Kirkham way?

Need to drive a little (Freckleton although nearest are champ section!), but 30-40 mins should get you to:

Brindle (near Chorley)
    Tarleton (on the way to Southport)
    Coppull and Standish
    all 4th section

Banks (where I live), Marshside (in Southport) and Formby are all non-contesting, more like 45 mins+ from you though.

There's some 3rd section bands round these parts too, if you feel up to it, there's us, Lostock Hall (just outside Preston), Rivington+Adlington (just past Chorley), then you're getting towards Wigan which is a fair way. Also Poulton-le-Fylde isn't a million miles from you.

Think Blackpool Brass are still going but not sure?

Hope that's given you some ideas. Have done it quickly off top of my head so apologies to anyone I've missed off!

3. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Seconded! All players always welcome to pop by for practice, Monday and Friday evenings in Lostock Hall which is easliy accesible from M6, M61 and M65, situated between Leyland and Preston. We currently have Vacancies on Eb and BBb Bass, aswell as tenor and bass trombone and percussion too, so if any other interested parties are reading this thread... :D
    PM me here, email iainmcknight128@hotmail.com or telephone 07929 857475/0161 736 1336.
    Cheers!

4. mattc

mattc New Member

Think Blackpool Brass are still going but not sure?

5. Rumble

Rumble New Member

thank you all for the information .... some of the bands mentioned, i have already visited, including Lostock (thank you Iain) but i am still looking for the right band for me! .... a good blow in a relaxed atmosphere. thanks again to all who replied so far.

6. andyp

andyp Active Member

You're very welcome for a blow with us, Tuesday/Friday 7:45pm - 9:45pm, Eccleston (near Chorley) - PM me for directions as it'll depend which end of Eccleston you come in from.
    Next rehearsal is Friday 5/1/07 though - so many concerts!!

7. a very flat b

a very flat b Member

Any chance of you moving to Hull? :D :clap: :D

8. Rumble

Rumble New Member

Eb Bass player looking for a band Preston/Blackpool area Reply to Thread

Only if i can get there in half an hour and you serve tea and biscuits at playtime !!!!:rolleyes:

Rumble