Eb Bass player looking for a band in the NW

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by eflatbassman, May 18, 2005.

1. eflatbassman

eflatbassman New Member

Eb Bass Player.:rolleyes:
    I am looking for a Brass Band to play with, within 25 miles of Blackburn Lancashire, any night except thursday.:tup

I am a mature player who has been playing the bass for about 3 years... Sight reading is dodgy at times, especially if its a fast piece with lots of accidentals! .. but i class myself as a keen amature player, looking to improve.:eek:

I would like to play with a grade 4 contesting/non-contesting band, that plays entertaining and easy listening music and NOT the heavy classical brass band pieces that some conductors prefere. (I,ve tried grade 3, .. its over my head most of the time!):confused:

I like a friendly band ,that enjoys what they do and also has a happy atmosphere, ... I don,t like the too serious bands with a conductor that throws "wobblers" at every wrong note!
    (ok, i have been known to play the occasional woopsy):oops:

Invitations to visit would be most welcome, i have my own Bass.

Eflat.bassman@ntlworld.com or

Thanks for checking this out, let me know if you think i might fit in at your band.:D

2. HBB

HBB Active Member

You sound like a very keep player. Hope you find a band soon! :tup

(p.s. don't worry about the "woopsies", everyone does them!)
  3. eflatbassman

eflatbassman New Member

Thank you for your kind words, ... my worst woopsy was made worse by an unavoidable naughty word which came out of my mouth and caused the rest of the band to collapse in hysterics !

4. Bazza

Bazza Member

Theres loads of bands within that kind of radius, Blackburn and Darwen 'B' Band are a non-contesting band, my dad and sister used to play for them, i think they rehearse on a monday night in the green hut at the power station just off Goosehouse Lane going towards Darwen, not far off junction 4 of the M65, i'm sure they would welcome you to their band.
    Theres also bands such as Water and Stacksteads (in Rossendale) who i think are still going (theyre non contesting too). Sure theres plenty of others who i havent mentioned who would meet the kind of standard you are looking for.
    Good Luck!
  5. eflatbassman

eflatbassman New Member

Blackburn B

Thank you Sarah,
    I have tried several bands in this area over the last 5 years and enjoyed playing with most of them but i am now looking for that special band that has everything that i am looking for.

thanks for taking the trouble to reply.

eflatbassman (Derek)
  6. Bazza

Bazza Member

Thats ok, sorry I couldn't be of more help! Hope you find what you're looking for!
  7. Lcpl Ogden

Lcpl Ogden New Member

Brass Band

A Friendly youthful bunch of musical players is what you require

try the following these are all good for what you require.

www.dentonbrass.co.uk............ok good drummer used to play trom
    www.arnfieldbrass.co.uk........... good looking principal
    carrbrook brass......... good beer drinkers
    hollingworth and longdendale eh if you are the otherway inclined
    hyde silver band reformed by mr peter brannigan late PARA
    tintwistle.................. eh maybe a copper runs this
    there are may to choose

only kidding H&L you still play well hahaha
  8. eflatbassman

eflatbassman New Member

eflat.s quest

Thanks Bazza,
    Some interesting ideas there although if i look much further away, i,ll be going too far outside my area, but thank you for taking the time to reply.

ps.. I have had one interesting offer that i am going to check out next week....fingers crossed !

Eflatbassman (Derek)