Eb Bass player available

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by basso, May 25, 2005.

1. basso

basso New Member

I am an Eb bass player and have studied at Manchester Uni and postgraduate at RNCM. I am available as a dep but would also like to find a permenant position. I have played with many bands across the North West area. Willing to travel anywhere in the North West/ West Yorkshire.

I can be contacted on [removed by request].

2. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Hi Simon,

Emley Brass Band are advertising for a permanent Eb Bass player, 4th section but on the rise, very friendly, hard working, with a full concert, contest and social calendar.

We'd love to hear from you. Based near Huddersfield (15-20 mins drive from j24 of the M62)

pm or email me ( cjhowe@lycos.co.uk ) if you're interested, would be great to get you along for a blow and see if you like it.

Look forward to hearing from you. ;)
    Last edited: May 25, 2005
  3. Ali

Ali Member

Hi mate. Hows about having a go with Dobcross. We are about 25 mins away from Manchester and we have a few travel from there as well. The band are competeing at Wychavon, the Scottish Open and Butlins. If you fancy it then please let me know or you can talk direct to our MD Dennis HAdfield on 07957 871239
  4. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Freckleton Band (near Preston ) are still on the lookout for a Principal EEb.

Back to Top Section next year, going to finals in Harrogate and Scottish Open (4th last year).

Travel expenses paid.

pm or email me, Andy Cattanach, acattanach@btinternet.com

Unfortunately, you'd have to sit next to me :)
  5. Trog's

Trog's Member

Just Beat me to it Cattanach!!!!
  6. musicmaker

musicmaker Member

Ripon Band

MAybe a bit far for you but there is some nice houses up for sale in the area?!?!?!?!?
  7. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Anybody heard anything from simon?? Just interested to hear if he found somewhere to play.
  8. ericthered

ericthered Member

Look No Further

The Imps recquire the services of a E-flat bass player.

The Imps have a stable and successful Management Team, full concert and contest diary and regularly competes at the British Open. In Sep 2005 the band will also be competing at the Nationals Finals in Harrogate.

The band rehearses on Mon and Thu evenings 8-10pm. The band is based near Leeds, and is close to the M62 and M1. For further information about the band please refer to our website http://www.yorkshireimps.co.uk.

Interested? If so contact Richard Hanson for further information on 07880 980887.
  9. Neil Glynn

Neil Glynn Member

You'd be more than welcome at Huddersfield Brass. We rehearse on Mondays and Fridays at 7.45pm at Golcar Conservative Club, Huddersfield. Please PM me or ring me on 07866 483116 if you want any more details.

Re. Eb bass position

There is a principal Eb chair vacant at the moment at Lindley Band in Huddersfield, a Championship section brass band.

We're a friendly settled team who are looking to move onwards and upwards.

Come along to a rehearsal at Baton House, Hollybank Road, Huddersfield (near the hospital) on either a Monday or Wednesday 8pm till around 10pm.

At the very least you'll have a good laugh, play some decent music and get a pint in the pub afterwards!

I can be contacted on 07950 566886

Charlie (bass trombone)
  11. threlfai

threlfai New Member

Trelly from Freckleton, same as Troggs &Andy Catt

Rang u last week and that you would ring back as you were busy at the time!!! Still not had your call back, have you found a band or still looking?
  12. basso

basso New Member

Thank you all for the vast number of people whohave contacted me regarding this advert. I am going to try out a couple of bands and take it from there. I hope that if I haven't been able to make it along to your band you will keep my number in case you need me as a dep in the future.