Eb Bass Music

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by SuperMosh, Feb 5, 2007.

1. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Hi all

First off, apologies if this is a repeated thread, I did have a scout around on the search thingy but couldn't find any recent threads on this topic. Like I said however, if one does exist please accept my apologies.

I am after a decent eb bass solo to play with band. I am a reasonable player (First Section) and am looking for something....a little bit different.

Any ideas?

2. Alan MacRae

Alan MacRae Member

Have look at the track listing on Steve Sykes Sykology CD. Gareth Wood's "Lullaby" is a favourite of mine, or for a bit more uptempo fun, try Andrew Jackman's "Swing Rag"

3. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Rhapsody for Tuba

Written by talented composer Gerry McColl, the music gives the soloist plenty of opportunity to show off the various facets of the instrument, with the Cadenza section allowing the soloist to experiment with 'optional' multiphonics.

Click on the title above to listen to the music in Sibelius Scorch and print off a FREE Solo Part.

For more information please visit our website from the link below:

;)

4. Di

Di Active Member

Hi Pete.

I've found some for you. ;)

Try here

5. jamieow

jamieow Member

Sun has got his hat on - bit old now but I always enjoyed playing it and went down well with audiences.

6. Jacob Larsen

Jacob Larsen Member

At Siddis Brass in 1995 Eikanger played a Eb Bass solo called "Salamander", a modern piece but very cool.. But I don´t remember the composer.. Maybe you could e-mail Eikanger to find out more.. .

- Concertino (Philip Sparke) - don´t remember if this is right, but
    I have the piece on a master brass CD with James Gourlay...

- The Bass In The Ballroom
    - The Touble with the Tuba is....
    - Czardas For Tuba & Brass Band

http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/cgi-bin/show_score.pl?scoreid=36252

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007