Eb Bass looking for band in Yorkshire

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Basses are best, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Hi. I'm moving to York in the first week of October to do my PGCE at the Uni and so i'm now looking for a band. I've got my own transport and don't mind travelling a bit. I'm an Eb Bass (well play one at least) and was wondering what bands were in and around York.

Many thanks in advance.

James Wylde.
  2. Ruthless

Ruthless Member

What section are you looking for?

Hatfield are in the 1st section (promoted to championship section in January) We rehearse on a wednesday and friday just 5 mins off Thorne junction of the M18. Shouldn't take much more than 1/2 hour from outskirts of york.

See previous post from Charmed: http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15622
  3. tubadaz

tubadaz Member

There's the Shepherd Building Group Band (Championship Section) based at the Portakabin site in York. We practice Tuesday and Friday, 2000 to 2200.
    If you need any further info, feel free to pm me.

4. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

...and you'd be welcome to come along for a blow at Harrogate. See our website www.harrogateband.org for details of time and place.

Best of luck with the PGCE and remember not to smile when on teaching practice!

5. Hi there,

Thanks for all the kind offers - but as I can sadly only play with one band I've decided it makes most sense to go to the closest (Sheperd Building Group Brass Band).

Many thanks again and I wish you all the very best success in the future,

James Wylde.
  6. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Hahaha yea forget what they say about not smiling for the first term - let the kids see your happy to be teaching them :D
  7. bigrik

bigrik New Member

good decision