Easy Listening Solos - Unaccompanied - HELP!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Rambo Chick, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

I have been asked to play 'something' at a cabaret style evening next week by my landlady. She loves me playing my flugel and makes me play every time her friends come round in exchange for wine/chocolate/both. ANYWAY
    ..She's asked me to play at this evening do - its a real mixture of things from dancing on roller skates to comedy sketches.

So I need a piece of music/melody/ditty/popular and well known that I can play on my own (I have no accompanying resources or musicians to hand).

Can anyone suggest something that I can a)play unaccompanied b)a well known melody c)suitable for an evening do (the audience are having a sit down meal)

ideas greatly appreciated!:rolleyes:

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Why don't you try some of the Karaoke CD/DVD's that are available. You don't need to play them through a Visual player - just through a sound player. That way you can play along to a myriad of songs instead of singing to them.

Just a thought... it could work well.

3. Di

Di Active Member

Why not pick one of the big name films/musicals and pop down to your music shop and get a book with all the tunes. That way they can have a sing along too.

Take a look at some of these

http://www.musicals4u.co.uk/showslist.html

4. MaxPressure

MaxPressure Member

contact 'Churchgate Music' on 0116 2624949, and ask about the afore mentioned type of book, my mum owns the shop (plug plug) and will post them to you so you will get them in a couple of days, I have seen disney selections, also big band, film and musicals. I have heard they are quite good, although I havn't heard them myself. (the robbie williams swing while you're winning is supposed to have a very good backing disk) :)

forgot you need int dialing code....... so i think the number will be

or you can pm me.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007