Easy Christmas Solo?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Despot, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Despot

Despot Member

Hi All,

Can anyone suggest an easy Christmas solo with band accomp. for Bb instrument (preferably euph), or even an easy duet?

Trying to give a young player some easy solo experience! :)

2. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

If you've got access to the SA carol book (new or old) then any of the melodies can be given to the euph soloist.

"O Holy night" works well as a duet using just Solo/1st and 2nd cornet parts , although goes up to a top A flat .

3. weuphl

weuphl Member

Dragging memory...................

'Merry Christmas Darlin'

Euph solo, I think arranged by Darrol Barry?

not too tough!!

4. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Adrian Drover has a nice arrangement called "Christmas Song" which is "Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire". It's for flugel/cornet (or trumpet in the wind band version) but it might work on Euph.

5. TuTuKu

TuTuKu Active Member

We did this last year... was quite good, not sure how easy it is... all i can remember is it's slow!!

6. Despot

Despot Member

Actually I ordered at set of those weeks ago, and still no sign!

Thanks for all your suggestions. I'll have to get ordering fast! :-o

7. lewis

lewis Member

Christmas solo!

Frosty the Snowman absolutely everytime! Can be done on euph, trom or bass. There a few parts where you can make it harder for yourself as well if done on euph. Very easy with easy band parts too and always a crowd pleaser!

8. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Eric Banks has done a really sweet arrangement of Away in a Manger for cornet or flugel "solo" called Lullaby. Simple but effective, and not at all scary for a newbie!

9. Despot

Despot Member

Actually, we bought it and used it the other night! Simple, but a good to get over the fear of standing up without worrying about the difficulty of the piece!

10. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

Too late now.. sorry...

But maybe for next year.. How far is it to Bethlehem is a good flugal solo...

Sorry for the lateness :(

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    solo
    All
    anyone
    band accomp.
    instrument
  12. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Defo... we did it at the Adelphi concert last week (i wasnt playing, I was wagging).... went down a hoot.... especially with my slightly revamped cadenza ;-) :lol:

13. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

Sounds even better if you can get the Flugel player to play it ... from Bethlehem.. it's just about far enough away... :)

14. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

i kno its super late but Panis Angelicus is pretty and christmassy and really quite easy.

15. Despot

Despot Member

Well after the delays we had in getting music this year, I've decided to buy early next year! (Took a month for some music to come!)

Keep 'em coming! :)