Eastman intro prices still on!

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by chrisjohnston, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

Eastman range of instruments are still on offer at our introductory prices!!

Make savings now while you can.

Visit our web site now.

Thanks.

Chris

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Eastman
    Chris
    offer
    Eastman intro prices
    Eastman range of instruments
  3. basebonetone

basebonetone Member

4. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Its in his signature below the post - but I guess it could be useful to have one in the post too.

5. Par10

Par10 Member

I do not have an inherant repulsion for instruments made in China, I have played some very good ones, I have also played some very bad ones. To be fair I have experianced the same situation with English/European/American produced instruments.

However it is the not knowing and the claims that various companies make about selling "THEIR Range" of instruments and of instruments being manufactured in "THEIR FACTORIES" that causes the doubts and mis-perceptions.

I have just been on a web site which states "
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]With Eastman's large factory based in Germany, with good stockholding, we can usually deliver New Instruments within 7 - 10 working days. [/FONT]Sometimes even quicker!"

Now what do they do in that factory, do they manufacture instruments, do they assemble barts made somewhere else, such as put in the valves and slides, put the instrument in its case with a service kit and then claim to have manufactured it all in accordance with European laws?

OR

Do they just stock Chinese imports with their own name engraved on the bell???

Why the subterfuge, there are very few true brass instrument manufacturers in the world and even fewer in the UK, yet we have many companies telling us that they have "THEIR OWN" brand of instruments when in reality they are selling "Jolly Sun instruments" or other chinese makes that you can buy for half the price direct.

Where have the ethics gone in the selling of brass instruments to people who you may regard as friends or colleagues, or were ethics never a part of the brass band world?

6. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

For information Eastman instruments are manufactured in China to Eastman's specification.
    Many musical instrument manufacturers use factories in China, the difference is to what specification!
    We are in no way connected with "Jollysun" which is a trading company in Dubai.
    We do not cover up where our instruments are made, we are very proud of the quality our factory produces and so are our customers.
    Basebone our web site link was in the signature, however here it is www.eastmanuk.co.uk
    Cheers

7. Par10

Par10 Member

Here in lies the problem, is it "YOUR" factory? if not why do you say "We are very proud of the quality OUR factory produces" do you actually produce musical instruments or are you a re-seller of instruments made by a manufacturer that you have no ownership title to?

8. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

I think you missed the point.
    We are the official sole exclusive UK distributor for Eastman.
    A German company with a large warehouse in Germany and manufactured in China.
    Ownership & title is through a legal agreement we have with Eastman.
    Can't be clearer than that.
    Hope it's all clear for you now.
    Eastman have appointed distributors in 10 other countries in Europe.
    Regards
    Chris

9. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

To all: In order to avoid repetition of things that have been said before, please continue discussions about the origin of the Eastman instruments in this existing thread:
    http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=42202

Since this is a classifieds topic, there isn't much to discuss about it, so I'll close this thread

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.