Eastbourne Brass Ensemble

Discussion in 'Extinct Bands' started by andywooler, Feb 5, 2007.

1. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

During the early 1970's, the was a split away from the previously established Eastbourne Silver Band and a rival was set up under the name of the Eastbourne Brass Ensemble. This man responsible for the formation of the band was Harry Pearce. I played in the band up until 1974 when I joined the army as my Uncle played Horn there. This was a non-contesting band. Not sure when they folded - they were gone by the time I left the army in 1979.

2. steviewonder

steviewonder New Member

Have you ever heard of Pevensey Bay Brass band or Mr Tim Lord? I played with them in the late 60's.

3. andywooler

Indeed I have -Tim taught me to play and I was with Pevensey through its merger with The Hastings Band to become Sussex Brass - what's your name? We must have met!

4. steviewonder

steviewonder New Member

Dear Andy Wooler thanks for your reply. My name is Steve Frampton, my brother and I were taught music by Tim Lord at Parkhouse Junior School, Havant. We played with Pevensey in the 60's for about 5 years I think. We used to stay at The Priory Court Hotel, Pevensey which I believe belonged to his mother at the time. Tim Lord lived at St Leonards when he got married.

I returned last year for the first time in over 35 years. Brought back many happy memories. The only other player I can remember was a guy called 'Dag' who played the cornet.

Thanks to Tim I still play and am with Blaenavon Concert Band, we have recently qualified to play at Harrogate later in the year. Hooray!

Any more news on Tim Lord?

5. andywooler

Tim is still alive and living in Shropshire these days. Tim's mum did indeed run the Priory Court Hotel - that's where I learnt to play!
    Dag was in fact a trombone player - he doesn't do Brass bands anymore but is still around the amateur music scene. He's now an Undertaker by trade!