Easingwold March & Deportment Contest

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Andy_Euph, May 21, 2006.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Still a month away I know but who's going?

I'll (probably) be there with Ellington
  2. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Last edited: May 29, 2006
  3. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Marsden will be there to (hopefully) successfully defend the title
  4. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

BHK Band are going.
  5. Wetherby Silver for sure - our third ever march contest!

I've herad that Garforth are going, and Harrogate?
  6. six pints

six pints Active Member

i think were going.... having not been to band for over a month couldnt be certain... im determined to go on the big slide this year!! i could be 12!
  7. Drewdan

Drewdan Member

i would like to go, dunno who with though, hopefully with tMP band if i am accepted or whatever that may be i need to do to get into it:)
  8. Lisa

Lisa Member

Ooh, the big slide? What's that? I had no plans of going...but if there's a big slide of some sort then it may be worth thinking about...
  9. Drewdan

Drewdan Member

hehe! that would make going even more exciting!
  10. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

No, we're not, although I'll probably be there to listen. We'll be out on Whit Friday though!

11. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Play with us then Dave... you know we're always glad to have class on board!

Go on... you know you want to...:) If you are going to be there, you may as well play when we do the opening circuit eh! ;)
  12. Drewdan

Drewdan Member

Yay i have put me name down for tMP band:) hopefully i will be able to go with Timmy Boi! I am newbie to this kinda thing, so what can i expect to happen in easingwold?
  13. TheMusicMan

It is a contest where bands play a march while marching around the village, and tMP is officially invited to formally open the proceedings by being the 1st band to play and march around the village.

There's a fair there (for the kids like Lisa and Big Twigge :) ), and there's also loads of great pubs in the village. Loads of people meet up for a great afternoon/evening's entertainment. All round a very good time is had by all.
  14. Drewdan

Drewdan Member

ooo sounds fun, cant play me tuba though, marching with a tuba would kill my hips:( i would still march with my baritone though!
  15. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Don't think Hatfield has ever entered marching contests all the time I've been a member (a lot of years :eek: ). Don't know why this is, but considering I moan everytime we have a march to do on a job, I suppose I can't complain :biggrin:
  16. Drewdan

Drewdan Member

lol, marching is great fun! Really tiring on your legs though!
  17. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

More of a breathing problem with me! :eek: All those off beats, can't get your breath, only time I fight for solo horn part is on a march. :biggrin:
  18. Drewdan

Drewdan Member

i had a tumor removed from my hip a couple of years ago, so marching with an instrument tends to hurt alot! but i cope with the pain, and i march :) but a tuba would be a no no, baritone or Euphonium or smaller i could manage!
  19. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Can anyone tell me where Easingwold is? Might be a daft question, but is Easingwold a place?
  20. TheMusicMan

Yes Sue, it's a small village located in North Yorkshire - literally 20 miles(ish) north of York. Easingwold is another regular tMP event - we are officialy invited by the organisers to open the proceedings by being the first band to march around the circuit and then play on the bandstand.

Each year we play to a very large and enthusiastic audience, then mull in or around the many pubs in the area - it's another great fun tMP event.